“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Kangar
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The location of the hotel is the best selling points...just a walk away from the main shopping district and from the train stations.
The staff gives warm welcome, check-in and out was a breeze.
Room is clean and spacious - being a studio with mini kitchen.
Not much of a view though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Robert M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass your comments onto the team at Fraser Suites Glasgow.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Robert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Ascot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on business. The place is fabulous. It has all the facilities you need, is spacious and luxurious. I will definately be back as the staff could not do enough for me, including getting a fan as the room was rather hot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your lovely review, I am please to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've never been inspired to write a review for a hotel stay before, but I so thoroughly enjoyed a recent stay here, that I feel that a few words are in order. I stayed here for two nights recently, and would suggest this as a great place to stay to anyone. It's in a great central location, close to a wide selection of restaurants, bars and nighttime entertainment in the Merchant City area, as well as the main shopping district on and near Buchanan street. I stayed as a solo traveler in the studio apartment, which was clean, spacious and very comfortable, with great soaking bath/shower, with good water pressure. Given it's central location, my room was very quiet. There is a grocery store just down the block, so if you would like to save some money on some meals, you can easily make use of the kitchenette that comes with the room. There are also coin laundry machines in the basement, which is really useful when you need to clean some clothes without the expensive fees that in-house laundry usually entails. However, by far the best experience here has been the helpful and friendly staff. In particular, Malcolm who works the front desk, is very knowledgeable about the local history of the city and sites worth visiting. As a solo traveler, he and the other staff, have gone above and beyond in ensuring that I felt welcome, safe and got the most of limited stay in Glasgow. Travelling on my own and being a music lover, he also went out of his way to introduce me to the staff in the pub next door, so that I felt comfortable in going out on my own to check out some of the live music Glasgow has to offer. I honestly can't say enough good things about this place, and my only regret is that I did not get a chance to personally say thank you to him and the other young gentleman at the desk with the assistance that they provided me. For this reason, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, be it for the solo traveler, group of friends for a fun weekend away, or for a family travelling. Top notch, and I will definitely come here to stay again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your amazing review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed your comments on to Malcolm.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites on your next visit to Glasgow.

British Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had stayed at Fraser Suites in Edinburgh prior to arriving at Fraser Suites in Glasgow. This was quite different from the Edinburgh hotel in that we had a suite with a living room as well as a bedroom. The kitchen facilities were excellent as was the bedroom, which was quite comfortable. There needs to be either a larger couch or another chair in the living room.....2 of us sitting together on the small couch was not quite comfortable.
One of the windows in the living room did not close properly, so it was a bit drafty and noisy. We had Room 215 - I do not recommend this room as it is above "Maggie May's" restaurant/pub and can be very noisy.
We were there on a Sunday and much to our surprise no one came to replace towels or clean the room. I checked the information booklet for the hotel and discovered that there is no housekeeping on Sundays or Bank Holidays. This is not very satisfactory as the hotel is open for business 365 days per year and guests are paying for a service that is not provided on these days.
The location is convenient so I would recommend the hotel but not Room 215 and beware of being there on a Sunday or Bank Holiday because you will not have clean towels or made up beds.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that are over "Maggie May's".
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I arrived in Glasgow on my Birthday March 12th. I was born there 66 years ago. It. of course was on my BUCKET LIST. I was 10 yrs. old the last time I was there. The young ladies at the front desk of the hotel were very friendly and helpful. They wished me a Happy Birthday and to my surprise upgraded me to a 1 bedroom as a gift. Of course the hotel was not to busy and I was only there for 3 nights. The hotel apt. had everything you need in a kitchen for preparing your own meals. There is a Tesco store nearby for groceries. I took the Hop On Hop Off bus to number of sights, most of the Museums are free. All in all a great Hotel, great staff and a great Birthday!

Room Tip: sorry no tips.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel has a great central location. We found the staff to be helpful & friendly. Rooms good although very noisy at night. Good selection of restaurants and bars within easy walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very, very helpful and friendly staff, lovely clean rooms. Excellent location. Mostly quiet. Close to everything. Rooms were lovely and spacious and enough facilities to allow you to be self-catering.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the street. The view is shocking but it's much quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fraser Suites Glasgow? Share your experiences!