“The perfect place to stay in Glasgow” 5 of 5 stars

You added Fraser Suites Glasgow to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Glasgow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-19 Albion St, Glasgow G1 1LH, Scotland (City Centre)   |
Ranked #21 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
“The perfect place to stay in Glasgow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Most likely the best hotel we have stayed in so far. Lovely room, with the benefit of a seperate bedroom. Very helpful staff. Central location. Good value. Close to shops and restaurants. Best value for us was by booking direct on hotel's own website.

• Stayed November 2012
Robert M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the team here at Fraser Suites very helpful, we have all been working hard to deliver a gold standard service and product.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites again soon.

Robert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked numerous apartments for a hen weekend and we were all very pleased with the accommodation and service which we received for such a reasonable price. It is in a great location, near the bars, restaurants and shop. The refurbished apartments are excellent with everything you could possibly need. I would thoroughly recommend Fraser Suites.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased to see you like the new standard of apartments we are delivering.

I hope to welcome you back to Fraser Suites Glasgow again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Just returned from another stay at Fraser Suites. We stayed three nights in one bed apt, many thanks again Robert. The hotel is currently undergoing refurbishment and we were lucky enough to stay in one of the apts that had been refurbished. The decor is contemporary and stylish, we absolutely loved the artwork of Glasgow in the hallways and rooms. The bathroom had excellent waterfall shower and lovely fluffy white towels. Everything you could need is available, i.e. iron, ironing board, hairdryer, toiletries. The kitchen area is well designed and all equipment etc is there if you wish to cook. The Suites are in a fantastic location, just round the corner from our favourite pub, Botecos and really good Indian next door. Had a lovely stay once again and we would never stay anywhere else. Staff, as always friendly and helpful, Hi Malcolm! Looking forward to our next stay. Ang and Andy

Room Tip: Have stayed in studio and one bed apts, refurbished and not yet done, all excellent
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and even more pleased to hear that you are a returning guest.

We strive to make everyone's stay as enjoyable as possible whether it's their first or tenth stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Glasgow. Call us in advance and we'll make sure to get a table booked for you at Boteco or Cafe India!

Kind Regards
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good location very friendly staff at the front desk. Hot drinks available 24/7 in reception. A comfortable bed and a good price.
Perfect place to stay if you are working in Glasgow. Extra space in the rooms is a big plus the kitchenette and seating area make it an ideal place for an independent stay in the city. I will stay here again on my next visit to Glagow.

Downside is the street noise the area has a number of restaurants and pubs so you hear customers coming and going.
Worse is the noise of the local authority who empty the waste bins from the local busineses at 0530 even on Sunday morning???

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our front desk team very friendly. Being in the heart of merchant city does result in some noise especially at the weekend, however we are constantly looking and reviewing our sound proofing. On your next stay request an apartment at the back of the building this will help reduce the noise.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites Glasgow in the near future.

Regards,

Williamsburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights after reading reviews on various sites and checking out the hotel website. We wanted a place that was centrally located but had enough room for us to put our 16 month old in a separate space for sleeping. Things looked good at first - very spacious and in a good location. However, right off the bat things were "off". The receptionist, Olga, looked at me as though I had 2 heads when I asked her if there were any family-friendly (read: able to bring a baby to) restaurants nearby. She said, "Uh, pizza hut and McDonalds". Not terrible, but I would have expected them to have a few better recommendations than that. Her name badge was also pinned on upside down, and when I pointed it out to her, she just looked at it, said, "Oh", looked at me, and then didn't bother to fix it.

We got upstairs to our room and noticed that the carpet had runs in it and there were paint splatters on the fixtures, as though someone had wanted to spruce it up but was in too much of a hurry to do a good job. The utensils in the kitchen were FILTHY. There was dried food on every single fork, most of the spoons, and all of the knives. Three of the bowls had dried food stuck to them. I had to wash them all right from the start. The highchair they provided was gross - food stains, dried food, dried liquid - it looked as though no one had bothered to clean it after the last guest. We found out the next morning that someone had turned the refrigerator to such a high setting that all of our food and drinks were frozen solid.

The bathtub had several dark, curly hairs in it and when I unrolled the bath mat to give our son a bath, 2 long brown hairs came out and landed in the water. The bathroom floor was dirty and sticky-brown in one corner, there was toothpaste dried on the sink, the top of the bathroom counter had something sticky and dried on top of it, there were white droplets of some kind that were splattered on the bathroom wall... you get the general idea.

In addition to runs in the carpet and lots of dried paint on the fixtures, the bottom of the bathroom door looked as though it had experienced water damage in the past and some of the wood had been chipped off in a large chunk. Our final night there, I was up till 3am because of loud, pounding music coming from somewhere outside of the hotel. We could also hear all of our hotel neighbors walking around, shutting doors, walking above us, etc.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend this hotel. We were so grossed out by the state of our room and I shudder to think about all of the things that we couldn't see.

Overall, the only positives of this hotel were (a) location, (b) the fact that they gave 50% off of parking, and (c) the size of the suite. The dirtiness of it overshadowed everything else. If we ever return to Glasgow, we certainly won't be staying here. I've uploaded some photos that I took - I wish that I had gotten photos of the dirty silverware, but as soon as I saw it I freaked out and threw it in the sink for washing. Even my husband, who's normally pretty laid back, had to admit as we were leaving that it was one of the dirtiest rooms we've ever stayed in. Gross, gross, gross.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, I am pleased to see that you found our location, discounted parking and apartment sizes an advantage, not many hotels in Glasgow can boast about this.

Please accept my apologies for the lack of knowledge regarding child friendly restaurants in Glasgow, we now have in place a list of local restaurants that welcome children.

At Fraser Suites Glasgow we strive to provide Gold standard accommodation and service, from what you have experienced apartment 114 has failed to meet this standard, both our housekeeping manager and myself have completed a thorough check of this room and have implemented an action plan to get the apartment back up to standard. All high chairs have been deep cleaned and sanitised. Currently we are refurbishing the full building, apartment 114 will be started shortly and this will resolve the problems with the paintwork and the bathroom door.

I’m sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and I hope, should you visit Glasgow again that you give us a second chance and allow us to show you the improvements made and our gold standard service.

Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We booked this hotel with our points and weren't really expecting much. We had just travelled for 20 hours and were exhausted. We arrived early, and the front desk clerk said we could leave our luggage with him while parking, and when we returned we were able to check in early. Our suite, was huge, high ceilings, big windows, two double beds, a couch small kitchenette with everything you could need, flat screen tv and wonderful bathroom with big, deep tub. The room was nicely decorated, there was fresh coffee at all hours in the lobby, and we were right above a great pub with wonderful food and very reasonable prices 7 gpb for a two course lunch - Maggie Mays. At night they have great music. The apt was close to lots of shops and restaurants - Merchant City.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your review of Fraser Suites Glasgow. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that after such a long journey you were pleasantly surprised with the accommodation and service offered! We always aim to make everyone's stay as comfortable as possible.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to our property the next time you are in Glasgow.
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This hotel was absolutely fabulous. It's in a very nice and trendy area, lots of restaurants and shops nearby. The room was great, high ceilings, nice and clean, small kitchenette, beautiful bathroom, the bed was large, check-in was fast and easy and Malcolm at the front desk was very helpful. If I had to find any fault it was that the view was of a parking garage otherwise the best hotel in our 2 week visit to Scotland & Ireland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that in particular, Malcolm at our Front Desk, was of noteworthy help. We will make sure to pass this on to him!

I hope we are able to welcome you back to Fraser Suites Glasgow the next time you are in Scotland.

Been to Fraser Suites Glasgow? Share your experiences!