“Very good steak.” 4 of 5 stars

0141 552 4200
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scottish, Brasserie
Description: The Chophouse Brasserie specialises in top quality Angus steaks. We are also famous for our “fall of the bone” baby-back ribs. We have a fine range of mouth-watering burgers. Our 2 course lunch at £7.95 is the best value home cooked menu in Glasgow. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
“Very good steak.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Dined here last night using an itison voucher. We had ate here previously when it first opened but had not been blown away at that stage however decided to give it another go - delighted we did!

My partner had pâté with toasted brioche for starter. He thoroughly enjoyed this although there was considerably more pâté than bread which meant he had to leave at least half of it. This seems to be the same no matter where we have pâté!

We both had sirloin steak for mains. I asked for mine medium and it was cooked to perfection. It was immensely tasty and über juicy - just fantastic! It was a great size (stated 7oz on menu) and bigger than the last time we visited. Chips that accompanied the steak were delicious, and plentiful. We ordered pepper sauce and hand cut onion rings, both if which were lovely also.

I ordered the cheesecake of the day which was cherry. Unfortunately, I didn't really enjoy this. It was smothered in a cherry sauce/compote and the base didn't taste fresh. I only ate one bite and wasn't charged for it.

We were served by 2 young waitresses who were both lovely.

Would definitely return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“amazing quality for amazing prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

i visited the chophouse the chophouse this evening saturday 29/6/13 i have to say even tho it was busy we didnt have to wait to long to be seated and the staff were very friendly and very attentive from the minute we sat down.once our drinks were ordered we got down to choosing our meals and i have to say the selection was excellent for the prices i had the most gorgeous prawns and my friend had the pate which they said was outstanding.we both decided to have steak for our main which was cooked to perfection so compliments to the chef they obviously know how to please their customers by getting it right :).we decided to have cheesecake for dessert which was also to die for the size of the portion was huge and delicious to the very last bite.so to sum it up i found the chophouse well worth the visit again soon and especially for the money sevice and quality of the food was first class :)

“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went here for our first anniversary had a good experience, Great atmosphere, Great food, Had a good experience, Will definitely go again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Having visited the restaurant once before I knew to expect delicious food. My girlfriend and I were using vouchers from a website, so, through choice, we were restricted to what we could order.

Upon arrival we were shown to our table by a very pleasant member off staff, we gave her the voucher and she showed us exactly what our options were, took our drinks order and left us to decide on our meals.

For starters we ordered a platter of wings to share, I had the Chophouse Burger and my girlfriend had the steak for our mains. The quality of the food was fantastic, the meat on the wings was perfection, falling off the bone! The burger was delicious and the mrs's steak was just the way she wanted it..

If I was to pick a fault it'd be difficult to find one, but I felt the dishes perhaps took too long getting to us, we were growing a little impatient waiting.

Overall I found my experience of the Chophouse enjoyable! Would recommend it highly, if you have some patience!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Renfrew, United Kingdom
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Chophouse Burgers are to die for!!! Will definitely be back to go through the menu burger by burger. My friend had been before and was really delighted I had booked it for us

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant