“Great Value and service,friendly staff, relaxing surroundings.” 4 of 5 stars

0141 552 4200
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scottish, Brasserie
Description: The Chophouse Brasserie specialises in top quality Angus steaks. We are also famous for our “fall of the bone” baby-back ribs. We have a fine range of mouth-watering burgers. Our 2 course lunch at £7.95 is the best value home cooked menu in Glasgow. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Ireland
“Great Value and service,friendly staff, relaxing surroundings.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Went along here early on a monday evening and were duly greeted and seated promptly by a very pleasant waitress. Orders for drinks were taken and delivered in no time while we mulled over the menu. I ordered smoked haddock and bacon fishcake starter and a steak and chips main course. The starters were served in a reasonable time and my fishcake was certainly tasty and enjoyable. I ordered my steak rare to medium and it came exactly as ordered to my liking with a pepper sauce and rather tasty chunky chips. I would say that the staff here are a great asset to this establishment and found them to be very attentive, courteous and good humoured. To finish off we had apple crumble, chocolate sundae and cheesecake desserts, needless to say there were no leftovers. Overall I would rate it as very good value for money with 3 courses costing £11.50 (although there is a £1.50 supplement for the 7oz steak). Hassle free no nonsense dining experience, we certainly enjoyed the food and hospitality and would return again anytime.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ChophouseManager, Manager at The Chophouse Brasserie and Bar, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed a “hassle free no nonsense dining experience”. Our staff are rigorously trained to ensure that you are made to feel welcome and comfortable during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Not Good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I visited this place with my wife as we thought it was a new restaurant. However, it seems to have just changed its name to rid itself of the poor reputation it has aquired.
The name seems to be the only thing that has changed. Staff were clueless and the food was very disappointing.
I had the fish, which was full of bones and tasteless and my wifes apple crumble had the biggest lump of cinnamom i have ever seen right in the middle of it.
The restaurant boasts a 2 course lunch for £7.95, and gives you the special menu with starters, mains and deserts on it. We decided to go for a main and a desert. However, when the bill came we noticed we had been charged seperately for the courses. When we questioned this, the waitress stated it was only for starters and mains. Why put the deserts on the same menu then??
Overall it was a very disappointing experiance and we will not be returning.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review and we are disappointed you had a bad “experiance” The Chophouse is not run by the same company as our predecessors Sizzlers. I am amazed at your comments about the staff as they undergo rigorous training before being allowed to serve customers. As for the £7.95 menu, it clearly states a starter and main course is the offer. I would have welcomed the opportunity to have addressed any concerns you may have had on your visit instead of posting on here 7 months later.
G32 8DB
“lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is the first time I have ate at the Chophouse in Merchant city, we had a day out with my mother in law and 16 year old son, so were looking for a varied menu that would suit all tastes. We reserved a table in the courtyard and were pleasantly surprised, the staff were attentive and the quality of food was good, the portions aren't huge but its a lunch menu at a very reasonable price. Overall it served our needs perfectly, good food at a reasonable price for lunch time with a view so we could sit and watch the world go by. I will definitely be back, keep up the good work.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ChophouseManager, Manager at The Chophouse Brasserie and Bar, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your visit. We are delighted you enjoyed your lunch and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My boyfriend and i decided to go here for dinner on Tuesday. We were seated quickly and got our drink order - it was quiet so I expected excellent service. The wine we ordered was excellent, but things started to go wrong when I ordered my main. I ordered ribs with BBQ sauce only to be told they had no BBQ sauce so I requested Piri Piri instead.

The starters which we got were very good - I had the pate and my boyfriend the haggis, neeps and tatties which we were both happy with. My boyfriend ordered a rare steak and was happy with it. However, we both received chips with our meals. These were horribly undercooked and quite frankly, inedible. My ribs, I expected to have a sticky type glazing as the waiter had provided me with a hand refresher and stated it was for this purpose. However, the glazing was nothing more than a Piri Piri powder tipped onto the ribs and provided next to no flavour at all. In fact I ended up wiping most of it off as it made them very unpleasant to eat. In addition to this they were very dry and I was extremely disappointed.

We then ordered a pudding as I was really unsatisfied with my main. My boyfriend ordered their cheesecake of the day which he loved and I ordered a sundae thinking they can't really go wrong with it. The managed to prove me wrong, it was meant to have whipped cream and chocolate sauce. All I received was three scoops of oreo ice cream.

It seems like the kind of place to go if you are looking for something relatively cheap and run of the mill, on my experience alone though I would never recommend someone go here to eat. I was very disappointed and would never visit there again. Although my boyfriend enjoyed his meal, he also stated the same thing as the service was somewhat lacking and the waiting staff appeared only to be concerned with dealing with a large group of about 10 men who appeared shortly after ourselves.

Highlights were definitely my starter and the wine, low points everything that came after.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Having read your review we are disappointed that you never brought any of what you say to anyone's attention. The main gripe appears to have been with the ribs and perhaps the piri piri marinade was not what you expected. Had we been given the chance I am sure we could have rectified the situation to your satisfaction. We are delighted you found all other aspects of your meal to be excellent.
“Gutted and disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Having visited several times for lunch or early dinner and having always received excellent friendly service and good food a voucher was purchased as a birthday gift.
Decided to visit for dinner wot a HUGE mistake initially all the signs were good seated quickly drink order taken dinner order taken. Then we waited and we waited and we waited almost 45 mins for ribs and Camembert finally we asked if there was a problem.... 15mins later they arrived with an apology and a free drink.
Lovely waitress left to smooth things over despite managers being aware and discussing within earshot surely as a manager you would pretend you cared??
The starters were lush thankfully the ribs fell off the bone cheese was squishy and runny bread was tasty.
So come the mains 2 fillet steaks one well done one medium oh no not in the Chophouse one well done to perfection one medium around the edge and raw in the middle I wanted to cry half the steak left on the plate boyfriend almost passing out from the blood running out the steak.
Again very apologetic waitress she looked like she wanted to cry too.
No service charge added she didn't have the heart to. Oh and don't order coleslaw it's a pot of mayo no veg at all. Gutted gutted gutted.
Never again..... Wot a waste of a birthday present I was embarrassed and so should whoever the manager was last night.
Was gonna post a pic of my raw steak but don't wanna offend anyone

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
ChophouseManager, Manager at The Chophouse Brasserie and Bar, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you have been many times and have found the service and food to be excellent. Unfortunately we cannot find any published reviews to reflect your excellent experiences. We are puzzled as to why if your steak was undercooked slightly you didn’t ask to have it cooked on, as being regular customers, and being used to great service you could have said something. We are sorry you felt embarrassed but if you would like to contact us to discuss the situation we would be happy to try and rectify things.