“Really disappointing food and service” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 182 Nightlife in Glasgow
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Clubs
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Really disappointing food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014 NEW

Spent a Saturday lunch at Oran Mor, hadn't been in for a few years.

Unfortunately, it's completely changed and now feels really tired, more like an old man pub than the classy place it used to be.

Good was bland - in particular my wife's pasta which was just that with a really spicey yet tasteless sauce.

Won't be back.

• Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Eat, drink and be entertained”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014 NEW

Attended the pantomime "The Emperor's New Clothes. The pantomime was witty and entertaining and sold out. Included was a free glass of wine and a pie or kitsch. There was a great atmosphere and the venue offers so much more.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Christmas Party Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014 NEW

Attended fora work christmas party night on a friday night. 3 course dinner followed by dancing.

Food: As far as set menu food goes it was pretty good. The beef was particularly good.My only complaint would be the main course could have had a bit more to it. It was a piece of steak, a small square of potato and 1 tomato, maybe a suggestion would be a bit more veg/ potato to bulk it out a bit.

Music: live band doing a mix of party tunes and ceildh. Overall good, but I did feel a few more 'modern' songs would have made it even better.

Bad points: Our table for the meal was near the door which was kept open, I was freezing!

New Jersey, USA
4 attraction reviews
“Lovely Inside”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

This is one of those places you really want to like, but sadly it's not quite what you expected. First of all, the location and building itself are lovely. It would be a nice place to just hang out and have a drink. But I have eaten here twice now and not sure I care about eating here again. The menu doesn't really bowl me over, I have trouble finding something I really want to eat. But the bigger problem is the service. The second time we went here, initially 3 people came and asked us if we wanted drinks, we ordered and then never saw them until I asked where they were. I think they were just sitting at the bar. The staff just seem very disorganized. It took a while for our food to come, and the place wasn't busy. And then we were never attended to again. I had to find someone to get a second drink. The food was ok. At the end, we paid and told the waitress to keep the change, but she brought it back anyway and when we told her, again, to keep it she acted like we had just paid off her student loans. It was quite funny really, not sure if she was used to getting a tip. I really want to like this place more, but they really need to train their staff a bit better.

Visited November 2014
“Clean the toilets”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

Visited for a Christmas night out, beautiful building, good atmosphere, serving staff friendly, only downside to visit was the state of the ladies! No toilet roll and no wonder it was everywhere... All over floor.. All over basins.. Obviously drunk girls with no domestic skills, maybe need someone checking toilets throughout night, other than this would visit again.