“I couldn't fault it” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“I couldn't fault it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went early on a Friday evening as this place can get crowded later on. The food - all local Scottish produce - was excellent. I couldn't fault any of it. Oysters and Seafood. John Dory perfectly cooked with nice vegetables. Portion sizes just right. And great deserts too. Some nice bottled beer and even a whiskey to finish off. Service friendly without being too overbearing. Nice atmosphere - somewhere between a pub and a restaurant - but without the shabby chic of a gastopub.The best meal out we've has in a long time and great value too.

Northants
“Fabulous Food, Fabulous Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had driven past the restaurant several times on our visit to Glasgow and had been recommended it by the 'Flower House' B and B where I had stayed earlier in the year, it was my turn to choose so it was a relief to get a table.
From the time we were shown to our table to when we left the staff were brilliant, so welcoming and professional without being 'stuffy', and with lovely humour.
The restaurant is designed really well with a good balance of design and comfort.
The food is absolutely fantastic, served beautifully, but SO important the taste, so fresh and fish cooked with a very light touch.
My companions, Husband and Youngest Son had starters I was saving myself for the rhubarb crumble so didn't have one but tried theirs, superb! To my dismay could not do a desert justice....but could now!!!!
Book early and try, it IS superb.

• Visited June 2013
Troon, United Kingdom
“Fishtastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Second visit to the Finnieston.Very good quality food served in a relaxing atmosphere. One of the best fish restaurants in Glasgow.Worth a walk from the city centre. Hand dived scallops are to die for. Good selection of the best of Scottish seafood.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Quirky Fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Typically Glasgow, understated and random off centre location. A little gem with an unusual turn in fish dishes. Bespoke choices of fish types with choice of prep and accompaniments. Good and appropriate wine selection. A couple of non local celebs present while we were there too!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Love Love Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have been to the Finnieston many times now and every time it has been great! On a miserable day you can find a warm cosy atmosphere, on a sunny day it is cool and hip with outside area (which I mention later)
The food is lovely as are the staff so helpful and friendly. I here they have opened a newly refurbished beer garden out the back which I will definetely check out when the sun appears.
Be sure to book this restaurant if its over the weekend as it is packed. They also have food theme nights which they communicate through their Facebook page and look forward to attending one very soon.
The bread with dips is a must, it is very fresh and they change their dips all the time so you always get something different. I always have their fish of the day which is sustainably sourced and always beautiful.
The food is well priced, the wine a little pricey but never stops me going back i love it!

• Visited April 2013