“yum” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Long Beach, California
“yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is the site of our first fish and chips in Glasgow, and we loved it. The fish and chips were both fresh, huge and reasonably priced. Service is fast and food is cheap. I had gravy on my chips (like midwestern wets) and my husband went with curry. Stunning.

Visited September 2012

Edmonton, Canada
“Yummy but very oily”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Seems like it's the only local place in the city centre that is opened after 8pm. :(
If you don't care about the calories, fish and chips are very tasty! Make sure you take some napkins with you as it is very oily!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“overpriced,unfresh,”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Have eaten here twice the staff are great (June) but the over all experence is awfull,over prices for what is poor quality. Beware after 11pm prices are 1+ 1/2 more overall bad

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Disgusting burger and awful smell of cheap fats and oils”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

First of all the address corresponds to the bottom side of the Glasgow Train Station but it is the top side (Gordon Street)

I had a burger there once and I spit it straight away. It was awful. It was disgusting. I would never go in that place because of the smell of cheap burned oils and fats, but it was very late at night, nothing open around the station and I was hungry.

I do not know how people eat that stuff but I find it offensive. It is also offensive for everyone who needs to walk into the station to have to go through that smell.

Since that visit, whenever I mention it, I find more and more people who had similar experiences.

I will NEVER go to that place again even if they paid me.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dunoon.
“Blue Lagoon, Argll Street, Glasgow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

For the best fish and chips anywhere bar none you must try this place. Superb fried fish and always piping hot being freshly fried. My missus and I always go there when visiting Glasgow and it is always something we look forward to. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.