“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Good Spirits Co.

The Good Spirits Co.
Ranked #4 of 47 Shopping in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great selection of spirits, beers and cigars on sale and brilliant tasting nights too, all the staff are so helpful and friendly and have a great knowledge of their products. Fantastic place!

Visited October 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Knowledgeable staff & great selection ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The shop is on Bath Street, just off Buchanan Street, so it's very central for anyone wanting a lovely bottle of booze.
They have a wide selection of whiskies but they also have a good selection of other spirits. In the last year I've bought a couple of bottles if whisky, a fancy bottle of tequila, some cachaca for a caipirinha-aholic, some lovely Scottish gin, a couple of miniatures & some cigars all as gifts. I've also bought myself some syrups for cocktails and elderflower gin. They have the best syrup collection that I can find in Glasgow including the Briottet ones (I love making cocktails).
This place isn't cheap and I wouldn't buy any every day bottles here that are available in most shops but rather use it for gifts and to find specialist stuff.

new york
6 attraction reviews
“Hands downs, best place to buy whisky in Glasgow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great selection of whisky and micro-brews, staff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I was surprised at the price points as well; large range, but a huge selection of great offerings that won't break the bank.

Visited August 2013
Chicago, IL
34 attraction reviews
“Whisky Galore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

FANTASTIC spot to shop for whisky in Glasgow! Huge selection at great prices and fabulous service. We stopped in looking for a variety of bottles for family members and we weren't really sure what we wanted but we were given some great recommendations by the staff. They also have a really great selection of craft beers...definitely wished we could've tried a few but we were only passing through town. I did my research before arriving in Glasgow and all signs pointed to Good Spirits as THE place to buy whisky...and I can definitely say that I was not let down!

Visited May 2013
Hamilton, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
“The Best Shop in Glasgow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Cannae fault the guys here. Friendly, knowledgable, fun and patient!

Took the old boy, Big Dave in here on Friday late afternoon. He had done a fair amount of electrical work in my flat recently, and in true Dad style, wouldn't actually take cash (to be fair, I didn't want to embarass him by asking how much he wanted!). So, in true favourite child style, I took him here, gave him a budget, and smiled quietly as his wee eyes lit up at the mecca before him.

He must have tried a good 5 whiskies, and enjoyed a wee chat with Mark about the virtues of Uisge Beatha.

He finally settled on a bottle of the new Devils Punchbowl from the Arran Malt, a wee Cask 23, and some Belgium beers.

He left, like a kid at Christmas with a toy he wanted all year, glowing with the water of life, and a spring in his step, all the way to the Pot Still.

A great shopping experience all round, topped up with a wee facebook message to make sure the old boy was happy. Yes, yes he was!

Visited June 2013