“5 egg omelette” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TriBeCa Glasgow West

TriBeCa Glasgow West
102 Dumbarton Road | Corner of Byres Road & Partick X, Glasgow G11 6NX, Scotland
+44 844 357 7777
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Leeds, United Kingdom
“5 egg omelette”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2014 NEW

If large portions are what you are looking for, TriBeCa can give you that. I had a 5 egg omelette which came with two door stop slices of toast. The food tasted good, servers were friendly and there was a nice atmosphere. A negative is that it is a little cramped inside.

• Visited December 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Massive portions ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2014 NEW

Tribeca is a bit of an institution in the west end so thought I would give it a try and wasn't disappointed. After waiting for a table I ordered the varrick French toast and it was massive!!!!! Food was tasty and service was quick and friendly. Love the New York theme and inspires me to go take a trip to NYC!!!!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Regular visitor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2014 NEW via mobile

I am a regular visitor to Tribeba and have always found the service and food to be of a good standard. There is usually a queue at the weekends especially which must mean something!!! Love the Brooklyn pancakes with bacon and they do an awesome milkshake. Will be back soon

• Visited December 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
glasgow
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014 NEW

This was the second time we had visited and on this occasion I found both the food and service to be well below expectations.

It was a busy but by no means full Saturday morning at 10:30 but this did not stop the waitress having a harassed and less than pleasant manner as she pointed us towards an uncleared table next to the counter. The table was cleaned a couple of minutes later and then got a half hearted wipe over with a damp cloth.

Having taken the order the food was served promptly and with a smile. Unfortunately, the French toast was not hot and was returned and reheated. The eggs Benedict were merely ok and again not hot but edible. The coffees were good though but for some reason, despite asking twice for a second cup, nothing arrived.

We eventually asked for the bill and commented on a disappointing visit. The waitress apologised and said they had been run off their feet. Overall, not an experience I will be looking to repeat soon. The competition is huge in the West End and I will certainly try several other places before considering going back here again.

• Visited November 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Don't believe the hype!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014 NEW

I visited here with my wife after reading a plethora of reviews on here (and a desire to get an authentic American 'diner' experience). We were visiting Glasgow for a couple of days and decided to call in for B'fast/Brunch on Sunday. Obviously, I expected the restaurant to be busy. I was stood in the doorway for 15 mins, when the 'manager'/'person in-charge' managed to come over. He explained that an indoor table wasn't going to be ready for some time due to sheer number of people in the queue before us. I offered to take up one of the outside tables and wait/get served if a table should not become available inside.
After waiting for 45 mins and a menu in hand for someone to come take our order, we just decided to leave. Perhaps, its not entirely the restaurants fault but this experience was rather unsavoury for us.

• Visited August 2014