“Conveniently located and excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Euro Hostel Glasgow

You added Euro Hostel Glasgow to your Saves list
Euro Hostel Glasgow
3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   318 Clyde Street, Glasgow G1 4NR, Scotland (Merchant City)   |
Ranked #10 of 41 Specialty Lodging in Glasgow
mumbai
“Conveniently located and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at this hostel twice in the month of May and enjoyed my stay. Very conveniently located next to the Glasgow Central station and walking distance from most of the sights.The pedestrian shopping street and the eating joints are all close to the hostel. The hostel itself is very professionally run with clean and comfortable rooms with lockers inside. The attached toilet, showers were very clean. The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable and clean.The breakfast included in the price was adequate. The restaurant/bar on the ground floor serves reasonably priced good food. They even have a left luggage room to store your luggage after check out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Gordon_Anthony86, General Manager at Euro Hostel Glasgow, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Hi shenv, thanks for taking time to review the Euro Hostel Glasgow on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay with us. Thank you for noting our excellent city centre location, service and cleanliness – we pride ourselves on these areas so to hear such positive feedback is great to hear! Thanks again for the review and we hope to welcome you again should you return to Glasgow.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Lund
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We spent two nights in a private room travelling through in June 2013. Very good location in the center. Clean but anonymous place. Friendly personal. Basic breakfast and sheets included but not towels (you could hire towels for 2 pound). Quit noisy in the night (trafficking and elevator). We missed bedlamps in the room.
Poor wifi but that was the case at most hotels we stayed at during our two weeks visit in England / Scotland. Reduced prize in nearby parking garage.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi Anna N, thanks for reviewing you recent stay with us. It sounds like, in the main, you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you found our Hostel to be clean, affordable, friendly and well-located. I am sorry to hear that you found there to be some noise however as we are a city centre hostel we do unfortunately suffer from some ambient street level noise. Thanks again for taking the time to review us and we hope you would consider us again in the future.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hostel is fantastic value. Staff are very friendly and helpful.breakfast is included which is great. Location is brilliant. 4 children and 2 adults and we all enjoyed our stay. If you don't expect 5star quality I would highly recommend to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi Olivia M, thank you for taking the time to review our Hostel on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our accommodation clean, affordable and our staff helpful. Thanks again and I hope to welcome you again should you return to Glasgow in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on weekend of stone roses gig, and was passionatlly renamed by us "euro borstel" staff were polite and helpful but the room was only just bare able. Quilts were minging, pillows were useless and mattress was so springy it was unreal so much so that 2 days after leaving my little toe still aches from rolling over through night and catching my toe on one of the springs!! Went to get locks for lockers and was informed that the room was ours and no one else would be in only to return from gig to find another 6 lads in the room, so much for it being ours. Then we were informed breakfast was included in price wasn't told it was tea and toast (pleased there was a wetherspoons over the road) our room had a canny-ish view to give any positives for our stay

• Stayed June 2013
Gordon_Anthony86, General Manager at Euro Hostel Glasgow, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hi Twangmacken, thank you for taking the time to review the Euro Hostel Glasgow after you recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you found your bed and bedding to be less than adequate. Should you have brought this to the attention of our staff however they would have been more than delighted to rectify this for you. Thanks again for the review and I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I normally don't comment on these pages but do value the input of contributions and felt that I had to make a comment for this particular hotel
I stayed for 1 night and booked the Euro Hostel purely on the price factor alone.
The booking process was easy and for the sake of £3 decided to upgrade my single room to a newer improved room apparently. I received confirmation including the fact I had been upgraded and made the 10% deposit as requested.
When I arrived at the hotel to check the foyer looked smart and the receptionist was polite and engaged with me although there was apparently a problem with the wifi. (only reason I found that out was another guest came and butted in when I was trying to check in)
I was asked to produce photo id which I found strange but as I had some showed it anyway. I queried what would happen if I didn't have any photo id and made the receptionist aware that at no time within the booking or confirmation process did it mention that Photo ID was a requirement . She was unable to answer that query.
I was then told what my balance was and the amount was less than I expected. It transpired that I had not been upgraded as there were no rooms available but my confirmation indicated that it had been accepted. Had I cancelled I would have lost my deposit but my deposit should have been less at this time .
My concern with this thou was, had I just paid the outstanding balance I would have presumed the room I was allocated (605) was one of their double upgraded rooms and this report would have been considerably worse than it is.
The appearance of the lifts and the corridor is hard to describe but rather "secure" looking . Having apparently been a student accommodation in a former life the buildings corridors and room looked very tired and worn with uneven painted walls ,dents and patches in the woodwork and walls, electrical and tv cabling hanging from the wall. metal lockers in the room which didn't shut and a shower which flooded the bathroom.
I was expecting there to be some noise from other guests due to the corridor acting a bit like a soundbox but other than a few bangings of the doors as they closed (you get this almost everywhere thou) it was a quiet night. The room did have double glazing too which helped keep the noise down and the heat in.
The bed did have clean linen and towels but it was a thin mattress and a spring base which creaked everytime you moved on it. As a result I had a restless night which didn't help my already sore back.
I didn't experience the breakfast but did have a drink in the bar (where the breakfast was also )the previous evening and was concerned that there didn't appear to be any accessibility to the bar from the hotel. It appeared you would have had to leave the hotel via the front entrance and then go to a public side street access .
If you are not concerned about looks or comfort the hotel is fine,it is secure and reasonably located and obviously cheap. However I have stayed in a number of hotels within the Glasgow area where I have paid about the same price or slightly more and will be staying there instead of here again

Room Tip: Make sure if you have added any extras that they are included when you check in
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hi royboy444, thank you for taking time to review the Euro Hostel Glasgow after you recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than adequate experience with us here.
Let me apologise that we were not able to offer the upgraded double-bedded room as per your reservation. The fact that this would not be available should have been made aware to you prior to your arrival and I am sorry that this was not the case on this occasion. I am also sorry that you did not find your room to your satisfaction however I will pass on the points you have raised with our housekeeping and maintenance departments to remedy.
I would like to clarify that we do ask all guests who check-in to the Hostel for photographic identification and that this fact is clearly displayed in our terms and conditions. I would also like to point out that there is access directly from our Mint & Lime bar to our Hostel reception and that this is available throughout the day.
Thanks again for reviewing us and let me apologise again that you did not enjoy your stay.
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Have stayed in Glasgow a few times but always"upmarket" as my girlfriend likes that kind of thing. However, after she spent a girly weekend in the Eurohostel we decided to stay there.The rooms were clean and tidy and had a good shower. We also experienced a wet floor but when I asked for a mop a staff member insisted on coming upstairs and doing it personally. We had booked a club deal with meals included but on the second night problems with suppliers meant none were available. The very apologetic barmaid gave us free drinks instead, which Ithought was fair play. The only criticism I would make is that on Saturday night a "bouncer" urged us to drink up and vacate the bar. As residents, I would have thought a little more sitting time would have been in order. Other than that, all the staff from reception to bar and housekeeping staff were very pleasant,efficient and helpful. They all seemed to enjoy working there and were like one happy team who all rubbed along very well together.If Eurohostel can make money with low prices like these other establishments can afford to drop their rip-off charges. It will be the Eurohostel every Glasgow visit for us from now on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi tetley98, thank you for taking the time out to review our Hostel on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that your recent stay with us was an excellent one and let me say how pleased I am that you have commented on our excellent staff throughout your review. Our customer service is an area in which we work hard and to hear such positive feedback is fantastic! I do apologise that we were unable to offer you a suitable choice for your evening meal however I’m glad that our staff were able to offer you an alternative – albeit a liquid one! I am delighted that from now on you will choose us over our more ‘upmarket’ rivals and we will be able to welcome you again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed in this hostel on 8th of February 2013. When I booked it over the phone I was asked my bank card details so that they can take the room rent. On the 8th when I reached the hostel, I was told that they had not taken the money yet & I had the choice to pay in cash if I want to. Since I had some money on me I paid in cash. receipt No. 096 signed by RC. BUT on the 11th of same month I was shocked because they took the room rent again from my account. Since then I've been trying to contact the manager but every time HE'S NOT IN. I wrote them on 21st of FEB. as well. STILL WAITING. So, BEWARE.
On top of that I asked for a room on 1st floor & I was promised. BUT I was given one on the 4th floor!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hi cool 03-01, thank you for putting your review on Trip Advisor. First al all let me apologise for your experience. Unfortunately I have not received any correspondence from you and after considerable investigation I have been unable to gather sufficient information into this matter based on your review. Can I ask that that you contact me personally at gordona@euro-hostels.co.uk to clarify this matter.

Been to Euro Hostel Glasgow? Share your experiences!