“5* all the way!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Argyle Street, Glasgow G2 8DL, Scotland (Anderston)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #19 of 91 Hotels in Glasgow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
SCOTLAND
“5* all the way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2006

Booked a suite at the Radisson as a surprise for my partners birthday. We both agreed that it was the swankiest place we have stayed in.

The suite was massive, the decor was right up my street and the helpfulness of the staff was second to none! Especially Mhari who couldn't have been any kinder and everything we asked for was provided (with bells on). The only we tiny complaint I have is that the concierge who parked our car, didn't crack a smile, however, once we'd seen the hotel and our suite, he was immediately forgotten.

The hotel is so central and handy for everything! Will definetly be going back and would like to stay in the apartment next time! I loved it, loved it, loved it and didn;t want to go home!

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2006

I stayed at the Radisson SAS Glasgow on Easter Sunday on the way home from my sisters wedding in Perthshire. We were looking for a good quality, centrally located hotel where we could relax for a day before heading back to work, and that was certainly what we got. The hotel is lovely looking, very modern and well designed, and the bar/lounge area has a great relaxed atmosphere. It is in a great location, just minutes from all the city's attractions. We had an executive room which was great, lovely big bed, separate seating area etc. The perks you got for the executive rate were god as well, free movies, a little gift, dressing gowns and slippers, etc. We asked for a late checkout on the Moday and were given it free of charge, which was great. There were just two little negatives that slightly marred our stay, though not to the point where we wouldn't return. The breakfast was one of the best I have had at a hotel, with an amazing choice of healthy alternatives as well as traditional cooked items. A waitress brought us some toast once we had sat down, however it was almost incinerated, and when i asked if it could be changed I was given an unpleasant look as if i was being overly picky, the same look was given when we asked for some poached eggs, even though it was a good half an hour before breakfast finished. It was a shame as this was really out of character with the rest of the hotel staff who were more than helpful and friendly. Secondly, when ordering a Baileys from the bar as a nightcap we were a bit confused to be only served a 25ml measure, as Baileys is (as far as I am aware) usually sold in 50ml measures. The cost of a 25ml measure was £3.25 meaning that a double would have been £6.50, which seemed a bit odd as the room minibar double measure is only £4.50. I know there is nothing illegal about serving Baileys in 25ml measures, however it should state that this is the case on your drinks list. Anyway, all in all this was a lovely hotel and I would certainly return, I just wouldn't order a Baileys from the bar.

Kinross, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2006

I've always been rather wary of luxury hotels, on the rather sweeping assumptions that it's just a load of pretentious, over-priced nonsense.

I have to admit that the Glasgow Radisson SAS has put the seed of doubt in me. While not cheap, the hotel is really stilish, the service is superb, the staff very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast is excellent and served till late (11:45) on a Sunday morning, which is a nice touch. We dined one night in the main restaurant ('Collage') and I found the food very good and reasonably priced.

The gym is well equipped, maybe the swimming pool a bit small and really only for excercise rather than relax.

One very good point is that the rooms are very well insulated. Glasow city centre is buzzing with revellers in 'high spirits' on a Saturday night, but I could not hear a thing.

There is no car park in the hotel, but the NCP car park is literally across the road and only 5£/day for the guests.

Highly recommended, particularly if you manage to catch a discounted rate (the full price is rather steep!)

Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2006

My husband and I spent an enjoyable weekend at the Radisson Glasogw in October 2005. I agree with previous reviewers that the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. However, my experience certainly differed to the previous reviewer in that I found the public areas of the hotel very cold. I found it almost uncomfortable to sit in the bar/lounge area as the wall on the street side is completely glazed from floor to ceiling and this seemed to make the area very chilly. It would definitely have been more relaxing if I didn't have to wear a coat while having a few drinks! The room was nicely decorated and the underfloor heating in the bathroom is a wonderful touch. Like previous reviewers, we found the bed to be too soft and to make matters worse we were allocated a queen bed which is far smaller than what we are used to at home. I had requested a king bed when booking as in my experience the better standard of hotels' king bed is the equivalent of the superking (6') bed that a person would buy in a shop and their queens are equivalent to kings (5')(yes I know, it's confusing!!) I was really disappointed when we got to our room to discover that we had a standard king-size bed. When I was checking out I asked what kind of room I had and was told it was a Queen. As we got very little sleep over the three nights we were there as a result of the cramped bed I was rather annoyed that I had not been given the room that I had reserved. I was glad I asked though as up to then, I would not have returned to this hotel if I thought that bed was really their definition of a king. Now I know better I will insist on a king room next time as I would certainly like to return to this hotel. It is in a great location and with the right room and the appropriate temperature in the public areas it is well worth a visit. Glasgow itself is fantastic - the shopping is very impressive and the people are delightful.

• Stayed October 2005
, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this review, April 20, 2006
Sorry to hear about the temperature. Without wishing to make excuses, it is, as readers of our reviews may have gathered, extremely difficult to maintain a constant temperature in such a large space, one which appears to boast a range of micro-climates! Having said this, be it temperature or bed size you aren't happy with, I would urge any of our guests just to shout. If I'm not around, there is always a manager on duty and, if you don't want to talk to them, whatever their job role in the hotel, all of my colleagues are committed to getting things right for our guests so, please, do just ask and we'll do our very best to sort it.

Lanarkshire, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2006

We booked one night at the Radisson through the hotel itself - emailed the manager as seen so many positive reviews on this site - and replies from him too.

Our room was spotless, spacious and stylish - We had a City room on the 6th floor with floor to ceiling wall to wall window overlooking Central Station. The bathroom was fab - deep bath, plenty of soft towels, lovely lotions and potions and 2 robes also. The service with a smile was very good also. Loved the breakfast the following morning - the hotel was fully booked the night we were there, with a lot of football supporters from Ireland visiting for a cup match - we never heard a peep in our room!

We will be back! - Thanks also to the manager for our goodies!!!

• Stayed March 2006
Stamford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2006

I stayed at the Glasgow Radisson 17th - 19th March 2006. The Hotel is modern, clean and a very comfortable place to stay. The staff are incredibly friendly and polite and not snobby like some other higher class hotels - this is a credit to the hotel. Rooms are clean and nicely furnished and very comfortable. Location is very central so easy to get around Glasgow. The only reason the hotel didn't achieve a 5 star rating from myself, is that all the public areas were incredibly hot. Eating in the restaurant and walking in the corridors was uncomfortable. It was freezing outside, so maybe the hotel was overcompensating !!! Great health facilities and food in the restaurant is expensive but excellent. Rates are best when booked through the hotel's own site - check out their internet deals !!! Hotel car park is an ncp round the corner, if you have luggage, suggest you park outside the entrance, and get the hotel to valet park for you. Cost of parking from 4pm Friday to 12pm Sunday was only £10 as the hotel discounts this service. One of the best hotels I've stayed in, in Glasgow!

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2006

Wife and I use Radisson regularly.Rooms very stylish,modern and comfortable.Staff always friendly and helpful. Eat in Collage restaurant in hotel - food excellent.

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow? Share your experiences!