“Wonderful space to relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Argyle Street, Glasgow G2 8DL, Scotland (Anderston)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #19 of 91 Hotels in Glasgow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northern Ireland
“Wonderful space to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2006

This is a wonderful place to stay. Not the cheapest hotel but it is well worth the money and you do get a beautiful space to lay your head. Nice robes and wet room bathrooms, feels like a real break. A good breakfast is served and the staff could not be more helpful. I am fed up with pricey crap hotels in London and this is a refreshing change, more trips to Glasgow i think.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Turkish first
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2006

Had a really great weekend at this hotel recently.. The rooms, service and location are all faboulous. The only problem I encountered was when I attempted to go for a swim in the Spa Area. I was refused entrance because I arrived ready for the pool in my swimming costume (covered by a dressing gown and wearing shoes). Needless to say I returned to my room and did not bother. I was a little annoyed as nowhere in the information in the room did it say this was hotel policy. I have spent time in many hotels with spa areas and where you regularly arrive ready for the pool and found this refusal a little strange to say the least.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
Bo'ness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2006

We were attending the Heather Annual Ball,which this year was held in the Radisson Glasgow. We have stayed in loads of hotels over the years but this has been the most impressive. The staff were v friendly and helpful, rooms were large, spotless and modern, bathroom fantastic, and all topped by an extra bonus-breakfast served till 1pm on Sunday. Brill considering we were still in the bar at 4am. So impressed was i that i booked another room for a birthday surprise for my hubby.
Keep up the good work thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2006
, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this review, March 21, 2006
Thanks for your very positive comments, appreciated as always.

For the benefit of all readers, please do feel free to contact me direct if you have any particular requirements, suggestions or want information about making a reservation.

Regards
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

This was our second and by no means last stay at the Radisson in Glasgow. It looks set to become a permanent fixture on our February short break calendar as it blows away the half a dozen other Glaswegian hotels we've stayed in over the past five years. Why? For a start the customer service is excellent, from the front of house through to the cleaning staff. Everyone looks and sounds like they care whether you're having a good stay. There's a fabulous atrium area for drinking and relaxing, or just to simply sit back and admire the architecture. The rooms are spotlessly clean and our only complaint - an over-soft mattress, was dealt with efficiently and courteously by the staff on reception (in the absence of another room - the hotel was fully occupied - a bed board was provided and it solved the problem). Great breakfasts and dining in Collage, serving up the best in local produce. Here's a tip, if you're a light (ish) sleeper, ask for a bedroom facing off-street into the quadrangle, ours was far quieter than the street-facing one we had on our last visit.

Full marks and totally deserving of it's number 1 ranking. Any other hotel in Glasgow would be a compromise for us after this...

• Stayed February 2006
Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

Excellent hotel, right in the center of Glasgow easily reachable with the airport shuttle. The service was inredible. All employees very very helpful. For whatever we asked we got it within minutes. Rich breakfast buffet with healthy options but also the traditional Scottish breakfast. On Sundays served till 1pm. Free broadband in the room, and free milk as many times as you liked, which my husband loved. The only negatives I found: the gym is good and directly connected with the lobby, but the swimming pool is not that great. It did its job though and I visited it two times. As many have written already the gym does not belong to the hotel but this was not a problem for me. In the morning and for breakfast we had to sit outside the "original" breakfast area and in the hotel's Spanish restaurant, where I had to freeze from the high airconditioning. The staff had arranged to have some items for breakfast in the area but not the healthy options so I had to walk through the lobby with my bowl of cereals in order to reach our table. Btw, in the main breakfast restaurant there were empty tables, but I don't know why the lady chose not to sit us there... Felt somehow excluded from the more cosy atmosphere of the main breakfast area. We tried the Spanish restaurant of the hotel, and I would not recommend it. Too high prices for what you get. Service though was again above average. The other thing which I did not particularly like was that during check in we were asked if we wanted any newspapers, at check out though we realised we had to pay for them. It'd be good to inform the clients in advance about that. I was expecting newspapers to be free, like in every hotel I've visited. That was odd. Apart from these little details, overall the hotel was really excellent and it would be my first choice next time I am in Glasgow.

• Stayed February 2006
Thanks for the review and the photos!

Sorry about the breakfast; we do try to cover everything when we have to create a bit of elbow room but space is a bit of an issue.

For the benefit of other guests, if you have a particular preference about breakfast location, choice or whatever, we always encourage you just to holler and, as others have said, we're usually pretty quick to respond.

It's disappointing you found the tapas bar prices on the expensive side - they're certainly on the low side compared to other tapas bars in the area. It may be we didn't take you round the menu fully and I'm sorry about this as our counter tapas are £1.50 each.

Great to have the feedback, so thanks.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2006

A friend and I stayed here recetnly on a splurge. The kindness and enthusiam of the staff first impressed us so favorably. The room service was prompt and very friendly. As regular hotel travelers, we were so impressed, believe it or not, by the matresses. I cannot remember a more comfortable sleep. Heated tiles in the bathrooms, and all the attention to detail was amazing. The dinner in the main dining room and then breakfast were both relaxing, filling, and fine dining experiences. We have been treated rather poorly at other hotel restaurants for our peculiar requests, but at the Collage Restuarant the staff were overly eager to make sure things were the way we asked. We were both impressed. While the free health spa was a little hard to find, once we got there, the ammenities were excellent. It was a relaxing, pampering time. Located well and a nice place to return in the evenings.

• Stayed January 2006
moss, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2006

My family and I stayed at RadissonSAS in Glasgow 17th-20th of Feb 2006, and we were very pleased with our stay. We booked interconnecting rooms one double and one with 3 beds and non-smoking,- and we got it! Nice rooms, perfect beds, nice and helpful staff,located next to Central Station in the city center, free wireless broadband and the breakfast was very good!

Gunn (Norway)

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow? Share your experiences!