“Our regular haunt” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #255 of 1,869 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: French, Scottish, British
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Burnside's one and only fine dining restaurant offering a variety of meals sourced and cooked from local ingredients,by award winning and Rosette standard chefsCheck our reviews on Trip Advisor,Facebook and 5pm
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Our regular haunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

While on maternity leave I have found myself and my mother frequenting Trio at least once a week. I have found it to a be friendly, accommodating place where you can always get a chat!
The coffee is the best available in the area, but they pride themselves on their excellent food. The standard is very high. Particular favourites are the fish pie and the halloumi salad-plus they do great chunky chips.
My mother is wheat free and they always accommodate her, in fact, Scott, the Chef, makes her spelt loaves which she really enjoys and will make a wheat free cake on request.
I always have my baby with me and they are very accommodating in terms of pram, feeding etc

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Trio B, Owner at Trio, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
We really appreciate your comments and we know how important it is to make our customers feel welcome, as well as providing a good dinning experience. It was great to read your positive and complimentary report. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon. Lyn Keogh

Glasgow
“Mexican night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Visited this wee jem for the second time last night, for the Mexican night. Food was fabulous, althought the prawn taco was devoid of avocado puree, this did not detract from the enjoyment of the dish. Main courses, chimmy chungu, was full of beef and full of flavour. My wife had the chicken fajita, which she couldn't finish. The salsa salad which was with both main courses was bursting with flavour. The hand cut chips were crispy on the outside and soft inside, proper home made chips - fab!! Only one criticism is I don't agree with the service charge being added to the bill, I am always happy to tip good service, but I don't like restaurants being presumptuous. Will be back soon. Well worth a visit.

Visited April 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“No rice on Mexican night and that's just the start...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Visited with my husband last Wednesday for their Mexican night and was sorely disappointed. Told on arrival that there was no rice (!), so it would have to be chips, mains brought to our table while we were still eating starters and food generally not as described on menu. My prawn taco cup was topped with basil pesto, not avocado puree; my chimichanga contained only a few pieces of chicken and some bland sauce (no rice of course), my husband's soup was topped with basil pesto (not very Mexican,eh?!) and the chips were greasy and soggy. I had considered asking for an extra side salad instead of chips, but glad I didn't as it consisted of three tiny pieces of yellow pepper, three tiny pieces of red onion, and yet another dollop of basil pesto. As our meal came to an end, the chef popped out through the main seating area twice to smoke and dragged the stench back in with him. Yuk! Give it a miss!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
WoodsRGood, Manager at Trio, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your visit to our Mexican night @ Trio Gastronomique, particularly as other diners that night have given positive feedback on Trip Advisor. it was also a shame that you didn't mention your experience on the night as I am sure we could have sorted it for you. We're grateful to have your feedback and hope you will return and we will aim to provide a great (and tasty!) experience.

The Trio Team.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“5* cooking in Glasow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was recently over in Burnside in Rutherglen on business and had an hour before I had to go elsewhere, I was hungry and I spotted a little restaurant in Stonelaw road Burnside so I thought I would give it a try and I was delighted I did. The food was absolutely lovely I had a steak cooked with prunes which sounds awful but I had tried this dish before on traveling with my husband who works with big acts in the music industry, the catering that travel with them are all first class, I was pleasantly surprised how good it was, the meat was so very tender the gravy with the prunes amazing and the puff pastry just perfect, it was served with thick home made stacked chips and they were really really tasty. I thought I would go back with my family and see if it was as good as before and it was, my children also travel over the word and are spoiled with the amazing restaurants and the catering available to them and are very fussy, but we all had a lovely meal everything we ordered was all cooked fresh on the premises. The home made cream of veg soup, The fillet steaks The ribeye and the leg of lamb were all done absolutely spot on with the best of quality of meat and last but not least my favourite The home made creme brûlée, as the family were all full up I was the only one that ordered a sweet, I had tried it the time before and it was honestly the nicest creme brûlée that I have ever tried, the only down side was I couldn't get a chance to eat it because it was so delicious they all started digging their spoons in and I never even got a second spoonful, never mind we will all order our own next time we visit and hopefully thats soon. It BYO at the moment but their licence for alcohol is passed so you will soon be able to order drinks.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
glasgow
“Very Good!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a nice evening in trio. It was Mexican night. I had a lovely red pepper and 3 bean soup followed by chilli beef burrito! My wife had a burrito also. My daughter had lovely fresh fish and chips! Go on folks give it a go!! Support an excellent local restaurant!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Trio B, Owner at Trio, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you, for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your evening. We really appreciate the local support. Lyn Keogh