“A Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Coatbridge, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“A Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I read the last review and don't understand how the GFT can get a bad review from anyone.
Obviously I am biased, I was taken here some 30+ years ago by my school and have been a regular visitor since. I have seen some bad films in my time but in the main it has been a pleasure.
Is the GFT overstretching themselves by trying to offer unsuitable performances? Torture? Lies? Ashamed? Exceptionally drunk? Inappropriae patrons? All this for a 9 year old.

Is Natalie M exaggerating. She is obviously unhappy. Has she a right to be?

My experience is the absolute opposite. I would have no problems taking anyone to the GFT. A GEM.

Houston, United Kingdom
“Truly awful experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

It's A Wonderful Life? More like an afternoon showing of torture. As my nine year old son put it, "You'd never get behaviour or language like that in the Showcase!" I couldn't agree more, GFT should be ashamed, a fun family afternoon was ruined be exceptionally drunk and inappropriate patrons who threatened to 'rag doll' each other (putting it politely). The clinking of glasses and the popping of corks set the scene. Will never return as my children don't need to be subjected to this behaviour from 'mature' adults. Beautiful film ruined.

In addition, gents toilets out of order. Accompanying a disabled relative made all the more challenging due to the fact that an inadequate lock on disabled toilet door easily opened from the outside ... Dignity out the window.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“For real movie goers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I've been visiting the GFT since the 60's, it was the Cosmo back then. They have films of a more minority interest in a really nice cinema setting. In fact as we speak they're adding a third cinema. What I like about the GFT is that you can enjoy a film without the usual cinema patrons munching into hamburgers and popcorn. Cinemas are for watching and enjoying films, restaurants are for eating! Visit the GFT soon.

Visited November 2013
Glasgow
9 attraction reviews
“We love this cinema.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have been going to Glasgow Film Theatre since it was the Cosmo and love it's Art Deco feel and interesting choice of films. Now there are National Theatre productions that we couldn't possible get to see otherwise. We are looking forward to the new Cinema 3 opening. Congratulations to the volunteer staff - keen film fans- who help to keep this independent cinema going. Good to see Autism friendly and baby friendly films too.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Braw place that beats Odean or Cineworld EVERY time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Ive been here so many times and it impresses me and those that I go with every time.

Went for the Zombie fest last year and had a Q&A session with the leading actors for both movies. It was such a nice touch to a brilliant evening.

Staff are always very friendly...prices are the best in town, you get the authentic movie experience (drawn curtains, snack box waitresses) and the old cinema reel noise...aaahhhhhh!

Folks, check it out, it's a great experience and better than any mainstream cinema out there in my opionion.

Visited December 2012