“The Picture House” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“The Picture House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Nice meal, good selection. Too much ice in the bacardi & coke. At £3.00 a pint the lager was a bit dear considering it is not in the centre of Glasgow.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice lunch for a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I know the area fairly well, and this pub/restaurant seems to be one of the most decent. Situated well, on the corner of Rutherglen Main Street, the restaurant itself was warm, nicely lit and fairly welcoming. The staff were pleasant and attentive.
The menu had a reasonably good choice for bar meals. Our meals came quickly, were hot enough and tasty. There was a good portion of food and it seemed well cooked, although I would definitely say it was not freshly made, but packet freezer food for speed and convenience.
We didn't feel rushed, although a lot of the tables were reserved, so I would think the place was popular.
The only thing I had a problem with was the toilets. Although clean, well stocked and plentiful, they were at the top of two flights of stairs and through 5 heavy doors.
There was a disabled toilet with plenty of space for wheelchair access, but I didn't see a lift to get up those stairs. There may have been one but I certainly didn't see it.
Apart from that, I certainly would return if I wanted a good priced meal out and a drink in pleasant surroundings.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food, great staff overall with exceptions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Had a lovely dinner "pub grub", great portions, tasty, what you should expect. Highly recommended.

However when it got busy at 10pm, ordering a drink was a nightmare. A busy venue in Glasgow usually means your bar service is comprimised, it was this time. My server Samantha passed me over 3 times. Going slowly when it is busy isn't good, head in air, talking to other staff about what is happening about tomorrow??

Didn't have a clue about who was 1st or didn't care. I ordered vodka soda lime. It got put through as lemon. Soda dash doesn't cost the same as post mix dash. So insulting to intelligence that I get charged for that plus cordial. And when questioned as to reason she said there is no button. Shocking excuse. Body language and voice just reeked of not caring.
I still tipped as rest of staff were great, bit still issues. I should not be paying extra for something just because there is not button, granted a little extra, hence cordial, bit not at cost of postmix dash and cordial

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Decent for a kid friendly lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Went with my partner and our little girl for lunch on a Sunday. Got a table in the corner so as we could relax and if the wee one wanted to mill around at the table we weren't in anyone's road. I ordered food and asked for a baked spud with chilli, other half got a pannini and kids portion for wee one. Ordering food was fine, but ordering drinks was a bit of a mare. No cohesion with bar staff and no 'queue' system as in, the bar staff don't give a hoot who has been waiting longest. It was quite quiet so, as it happened to more than one of us, it was easily rectified, but could imagine on a busy night it may get a bit fraught. Food was, as you would expect, although nice and pleasant. My baked potato had next to no topping and when I queried this with the waiting staff it was no problem and I got a dollop more which was excellent and without a fuss.
I'd recommend it to people for family lunch, and maybe a quick beer, but the disarray at the bar would put me off going for a night out.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Decent chain pub service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Went for an early evening meal with hubby and toddler. Rack of ribs n chips were slightly dry, hubby says, had better, had worse! Fish and chops were great but you can never go wrong with fish and chips mostly, certainly at the top end tho. Toddler meal mac n cheese had too much melted cheese over the top so made it claggy and stringy and my toddler who inhales cheesy pasta , tools while to get used to it. Atmosphere, nice mixed feel, other kids, groups of guys, birthday parties. Drinks, good selection, decent deals. All in all one of the best chain pub meals we've had. Will be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Food