“Don Constanzo” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 1,870 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Don Costanzo is a newly opened Italian Restaurant located in the basement of 13 Woodside Crescent, Glasgow G3. Formerly the location of Nick Nairn's restaurant, it has been transformed into a warm, homely welcoming restaurant where you can enjoy the best of authentic, home cooked Italian cuisine. Don Costanzo was opened after the closure of The Caprese in Buchanan Street, a long established restaurant of 26 years, owned and run by Costanzo Cacace and his family. Costanzo gained the reputation of offering the best of the best to the best of the best. Clientele from across the globe, famous and not so famous enjoyed what Costanzo offered in the Caprese, fantastic food in a great atmosphere and those people have returned to Don Costanzo for more of the same. Using only the best of ingredients and produce, and with an impressive wine list to suit every taste, a trip to Costanzo's new place will not disappoint. Easily reached from both the city centre and west end with good parking.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Don Constanzo”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Cannot believe the reviews of this restaurant. Went there with my friend on Friday evening. The place was drab and the food was terrible and overpriced. I loved the Caprese and had high hopes of this place -will not be returning..

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Reading through the reviews, I find it hard to believe that anyone has left a bad review about this place. We visited here recently as a family for my son's birthday and the first thing that struck me was how incredibly friendly and welcoming all the staff were. I loved the personal touch also that the chef comes out to chat with everyone to make sure all is well, it felt like we were guests in his home. Also, the staff just couldn't do enough for us. The chef made a special seafood pasta dish just for my son, which wasn't even on the menu. Also, when I ordered a dish that wasn't to my taste (not because it was in any way badly cooked) the chef whisked it away, without hesitation and made me something else, because he wanted to make sure we all had a lovely meal. I honestly don't think I have ever come across such amazing service at any other restaurant. All the waitresses were just so lovely and friendly and made a fuss of our two wee boys. I would definitely recommend this to everyone.

• Visited March 2014
Toulon, France
“Suffering from serious withdrawal symptoms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Glasgow, Scotland (currently UK).
Former home to Lulu aka June and I.

Also home to one of the best Italian restaurants
in which we have ever eaten - the incredible Don Costanzo.

Our last meal was in August 2013 before we finally permanently left
for our new life in the south of France.

As always, our meal was perfect - we never ask for a menu and let
Ilia, Jo or The Don himself choose our dinner which is always done
with aplomb, good humour and they always get it right. If Rachel has
returned from Cyprus, she makes darned fine tiramisu!

The reasons I am writing this second review are as follows:

1. We've been in Italy over the last little while for a stop-over or two and
the meals are no-where near the quality Don Costanzo delivers
2. We miss the team and the restaurant so much, we are flying into Glasgow
en-route to Iceland simply to sample the food (true)
3. I have read the review that Joanna from Birmingham penned. What total rubbish. Costanza
will never swear at anyone and he is the nicest, kindest man you can ever imagine. He is
also a brilliant chef so a "suspiciously clean chef's outfit" means he is fastidious.

Take it from me - a former regular (once, twice even three times a week) that Don Costanza is an amazing restaurant, run by a family who love what they do - and it shows.

If you are in Glasgow, nothing else compares.

So, Costanza, Jo, Ilia and team - batten down the hatches, Ian and June will be there soon :)

• Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“what a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We found ourselves stuck in Glasgow for the night, after all the ferries were cancelled to Arran. We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and were really glad we went. After a miserable day, and a lousy wet and windy night, this restaurant brought us a bit of authentic Italian sunshine. It was warm, friendly, excellent service and excellent authentic, tasty food. We ended up having a lovely evening, and were glad we'd been stuck in Glasgow after all. Thank you to everyone at Don Costanza.

• Visited February 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A fantastic find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. I genuinely have not enjoyed food, service, ambiance or just about anything else associated with dining out, than I did in Don’s last Saturday evening.I haven’t stopped telling my friends and family about this fabulous find. We will definately return.

• Visited December 2013