“Morag eats her words” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Morag eats her words”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was convinced to give Oregano at the Eagle Lodge another visit by Elaine. After my visit in June and my review of the restaurant I was very apprehensive .

I didn't tell Oregano that I was returning. Just hoped it would be a nice meal with friends It was an absolutey super night. The meal was teriffic. service 10 out of 10 could not fault the meal nor the service. I can only put my visit in June down to an off night by Oregano. Will certainly be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Lovely place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great meal. Food was really nice. Service was terrific. Waitress was a delight. Everything done with a smile and grace. An asset to the restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Nice atmosphere, good food and pleasant service, what more do I need to add ?? I will be back. The table was booked for a family Golden Wedding Anniversary and no one was disappointed.

Visited November 2012
Glasgow
“Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I visited the restaurant with a friend on 7th Aug for lunch. Initial impressions were good, Glasshouse is lovely. We were served promptly by a cheery girl and ordered the veg pakora and Bruschetta which were both really nice. Friend ordered beef burger (without lettuce) and I had the chicken burger. Beef burger came (with lettuce), it was ok apparently taste wise and the chicken burger was overdone to the point of being unedible, a knife wouldn't even go through it. Chips were decent though. I complained and staff were nice about it and took 25% percent off the bill. We ordered Eton Mess Sundae which my friend said was lovely, I chose the lemon tart...there was no taste of any lemon and was quite dry. Wasn't really my day. The desserts we weren't charged for as compensation for the burger. Had to remind the waitress also of the water we had ordered and then had to go find someone when I wanted to pay the bill. Not a great experience overall, my friend was just out of hospital hours earlier and i had taken her out for a treat, we should have just went to The Stables which I found nicer overall. Wasn't a terrible experience but the food can definitely be improved upon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Had an excellent meal. The new menu retains some of the favourites but has added some new dishes to tempt you to try something new. Plenty of choice for both starters and main courses. Both my wife and I went for something different and all courses were served in good time, beautifully presented by staff who served politely with a smile. The choice of wines is excellent and all reasonably priced and our overall bill was good value for money. One to try if you are looking for an excellent meal in lovely surroundings.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Management270, Manager at Oregano at the Eagle Lodge, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
We are glad you like the new menu choices. It is always good to get feedback from our customers so that we know we are giving the customer what they want. Our Wines are chosen carefully, so again this is good news for us that you like our selections. Thanks again for your valued custom and we look forward to seeing you again soon.