“Have the Desi chicken! Gorgeous ” 5 of 5 stars

0141-221-3926
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Punjabi Charing Cross is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,876 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Set in the heart of Glasgow, Punjabi Charing Cross offers a dining experience unique to all. Whether it is for an intimate meal, to take the family out or even to enjoy a curry with a group of friends, our restaurant will provide a unique experience. Why not start your meal with our unique starters which range from delicious keema padora to our much heralded lamb chops or even our freshly cooked fish pakora. Our curries are cooked the punjabi way and retain a unique depth of flavour. Why not try our traditional lamb on the bone or even the chicken equivalent. Other curries such as our lamb chilli ginger and our punjabi garlic chilli provide a unique twist to the classic curry everyone loves. No description of the Punjabi would be complete without mentioning our newest creation:the lamb Gurmeet.With such depth of choice one visit is simply not enough.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Have the Desi chicken! Gorgeous ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Having rooted around for a good Indian restaurant I gave this one a go. Being a fairly dab hand in the kitchen and curry department I'm quite fussy. So I decided to ask for an authentic curry. The chap recommended the Desi chicken, (Desi meaning it's local from where they are) as it was on the bone chicken for maximum flavour and what they would eat themselves. I went for it with some chapattis, it was gorgeous. The chicken was in the bone with a fairly thick and richly flavoured sauce, quite hot but perfectly palatable! The chapattis where lovely and everything was beautifully cooked and service was impeccable. Highly recommended by someone who knows their curries!

traceyice
“Best Tandoori Chicken ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Lovely food with great service.
Best Tandoori Chicken that I have ever tasted. Tasty authentic sauces with lot of flavour and spice. Perfect little find, will be back.

Visited April 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband was 60 on the 12th March and I asked him what restaurant he would like to eat at that is easy he said and choose the Punjabi Charing Cross Because the last time we where there we had a fab night food was amazing and the staff where even better if that is possible when I told them the reason for our visit they decorated the seating part where my family and us where sitting there was 14 of us and they catered for all our needs 2 members of the family don't eat Indian food one of them was my 83year old mum so they made her beautiful fish and the other a beautiful steak so a MASIVE big thank you to Harry Jazy Kevin and the rest of the staff cant wait to come back my birthday is April 17th so not long to wait

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Was a Friday night and we booked a table for 2 for 8pm. Loved it! The food was excellent and service great too. We ordered too much food though and felt so guilty for leaving some, but it was delicious! Cannot wait for our next trip to Glasgow to go again :)

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've tried many indian restaurants, and all of them managed to surprise me at any point, however, this one didn't offer anything special, neither on the a la cart, nor the desserts menu.

Visited March 2014