“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

0141-221-3926
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Punjabi Charing Cross is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,884 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Set in the heart of Glasgow, Punjabi Charing Cross offers a dining experience unique to all. Whether it is for an intimate meal, to take the family out or even to enjoy a curry with a group of friends, our restaurant will provide a unique experience. Why not start your meal with our unique starters which range from delicious keema padora to our much heralded lamb chops or even our freshly cooked fish pakora. Our curries are cooked the punjabi way and retain a unique depth of flavour. Why not try our traditional lamb on the bone or even the chicken equivalent. Other curries such as our lamb chilli ginger and our punjabi garlic chilli provide a unique twist to the classic curry everyone loves. No description of the Punjabi would be complete without mentioning our newest creation:the lamb Gurmeet.With such depth of choice one visit is simply not enough.
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed at the Hilton and Marriott and have just found this place. Fantastic friendly service from people who care. Food was amazing. Naan breads are huge, and I would definitely recommend the Keema - stacked with meat. Nothing too hot as far as spice goes, but then I would rather enjoy the taste than suffer the heat. Will be a regular for all my visits to Glasgow. Thanks guys, you really made a difference.

Ayr, United Kingdom
“the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

the wife and i have been to this restaurant before and we had a wonderful meal and first class service, we went again on the 28/12/13 and what a night , we were met by kevin singh who remembered us from the last time and gave us a warm welcome, he even new what we both had to drink the last time in august and the wife was given her brandy and coke, i had the same meal as i had the last time( lamb methi madras) as it was to die for, the wife who is not good with hot curries took kevins good advice on starter (butterfly prawns in a sauce she cant remember but was out of this world, and a mild main meal) the service was first class by all the staff on the night and we as the last visit was offered a drink on the house, and given a warm send off, so to kevin and all the staff thankyou for yet anither night to remember. rab and sally

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
glasgow
“Amazing ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The best curry i have had and the staff are great too . Food is the best i had in ages and i will be going back again very soon .

Dortmund, Germany
“Nice service and decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Nice restaurant, nice service, decent prices. Only slight niggle: the tandoori roti was very oily, and the vegetable dishes were very similar. The aloo gobi and the vegetable curry were the same sauce, with the veg curry containing some extras; if we had known this we would have ordered something else. Otherwise very happy.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Favourite Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been back to this restaurant 4 times since I reviewed it in June and it has never let me down. In fact last Saturdays meal was possibly the best I have had in it. The vegetable pakora starters were sublime and that was the only small criticism of my first visit. Chef's special mix curry superb, my wife had Karahi bhoona which I also sampled and was superb good rice and perfect nan bread. I do not exaggerate this nan bread was perfect. And all for a reasonable price. Including one drink each just over £30 I do not think this restaurant can be bettered. We normally have a bottle of wine and my wife has a sweet and the bill is less than £50. Glasgow has a lot of great Indian restaurants but when I find one as good as this I tend to stay loyal..

• Visited November 2013