“Amazing ” 5 of 5 stars

0141-221-3926
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Punjabi Charing Cross is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,974 Restaurants in Glasgow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Set in the heart of Glasgow, Punjabi Charing Cross offers a dining experience unique to all. Whether it is for an intimate meal, to take the family out or even to enjoy a curry with a group of friends, our restaurant will provide a unique experience. Why not start your meal with our unique starters which range from delicious keema padora to our much heralded lamb chops or even our freshly cooked fish pakora. Our curries are cooked the punjabi way and retain a unique depth of flavour. Why not try our traditional lamb on the bone or even the chicken equivalent. Other curries such as our lamb chilli ginger and our punjabi garlic chilli provide a unique twist to the classic curry everyone loves. No description of the Punjabi would be complete without mentioning our newest creation:the lamb Gurmeet.With such depth of choice one visit is simply not enough.
glasgow
“Amazing ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The best curry i have had and the staff are great too . Food is the best i had in ages and i will be going back again very soon .

Dortmund, Germany
“Nice service and decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Nice restaurant, nice service, decent prices. Only slight niggle: the tandoori roti was very oily, and the vegetable dishes were very similar. The aloo gobi and the vegetable curry were the same sauce, with the veg curry containing some extras; if we had known this we would have ordered something else. Otherwise very happy.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Favourite Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been back to this restaurant 4 times since I reviewed it in June and it has never let me down. In fact last Saturdays meal was possibly the best I have had in it. The vegetable pakora starters were sublime and that was the only small criticism of my first visit. Chef's special mix curry superb, my wife had Karahi bhoona which I also sampled and was superb good rice and perfect nan bread. I do not exaggerate this nan bread was perfect. And all for a reasonable price. Including one drink each just over £30 I do not think this restaurant can be bettered. We normally have a bottle of wine and my wife has a sweet and the bill is less than £50. Glasgow has a lot of great Indian restaurants but when I find one as good as this I tend to stay loyal..

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Pretty Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Perhaps it is unfair to rate a restaurant on one visit, but I found it decidedly average, the sort of place you can find anywhere in the streets around the London suburb where we live.

My wife and I visited on a Friday in November and the place was virtually deserted the whole time we were there (only two other individuals came in between 7.30 and 9.00pm).

I had a lamb tikka biryani, which featured a glace cherry on top(!) but no boiled egg. The meat was quite chewy and under flavoured. The vegetable curry that I bought to go with it was mainly potato and not particularly flavourful either. Puddings were very limited (no kulfis) and we eventually settled for vanilla ice cream with choc sauce, having turned down fried Mars bar (I am not kidding).

On the plus side, the waiters were friendly and service was well paced. Wine is reasonably priced. Overall, I can't understand the high rating of this restaurant in one of the UK's 'curry capitals'.

Visited November 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious curry. Outstanding food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I can't understand why the Punjabi is often so quiet, because the food is outstanding! Had the Chilli Ginger Lamb and it was beautifully spiced and really tender. The service is friendly and efficient, and as I'm working away from home and am often on my own it's great to be made to feel so welcome. Prices are very reasonable but I think they suffer from a lack of passing trade. This terrific restaurant deserves to be much busier than if is. I for o e will return regularly as it's special!