“Lovely business trip” 4 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Garfield House Hotel
Cumbernauld Road, Glasgow G33 6HW, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #9 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
scotland
“Lovely business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2008

I stayed here for a night in between meetings. The reception is lovely and welcoming and explained everything to me.

When I entered the room I was at first a bit dispointed at the single bed being so used to a great big bed at home. How wrong I was when I decided to have a little snooze before my tea and found the bed to be so relaxing I was contemplating room service to avoid getting out of it again.

However, I did venture down stairs to the Distillery resturant and was very pleased I did. As someone who eats out often I found this simply one of the best meals I have ever eaten. Chicken skewers to start, chicken and pasta to follow and pushed the boat out with pavlova which had to be washed down with some wine!!

All the staff were polite and attentive to my every need.

Then back to that cosy bed where I felt like Goldilocks who had found the 'just right' bed. I snuggled down and spent a very relaxing evening watching TV from my new nest.

Breakfast was just as pleasant and experience as was checking out that was done quickly and efficiently.

Whilst the only down side might be that the hotel is on the outskirts of Glasgow I will definately be heading back again as soon as possible

• Liked — The bed and the food - perfect
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

If only all British hotels were like this. The hotel has recently been refurbished - and we're not just talking about a paint job. I've stayed in 4 different rooms in the past few months and each one has been stripped to it's bare shell and been completely modernised. Carpets, ceilings, skirting boards, fixtures, fitting - everything. Flat screen TV, Wifi etc etc. All mod cons. The beds are a dream. Each room has a Sealy top of the range bed with pillow top mattrress. I didn't want to get out of it!
The food in the restaurant is fantastic too. I'd highly recommend the Scotch Steak.
I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. It's better than the Malmaison etc. They really have spent a lot of money refurbishing this hotel and I'm sure it will turn out to be a very wise investment. Well done Garfield House - maybe you could pass your business model to every other hotelier in the UK!

• Liked — The new look
  • Disliked — I was there on business
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

We were attending a family function nearby so just wanted somewhere to crash and found this at a bargain price....and it far exceeded our expectations. The room was lovely (somehow we had ended up with one that was big enough to have it's own dining table and 3 piece suite!), clean, well-equipped and the staff were extremely courteous adn helpful even though there wasa big wedding taking place there at the same time. Breakfast was also excellent - I would have classed this as excellent value for money had we paid full price and would not hesitate to return.

Stayed July 2008
south east
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

My room was very 'boutique' and absolutely spotless. The staff were friendly and the breakfast and service were excellent. It may be in the suburbs but its so easy to get into the city centre. I used to stay at the top of Byers Road (near the Botanic Gardens) but from now on it will definitely be The Garfield for me.

• Liked — location and room decor
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2007

After viewing many hotels 2006 we decided that the best hotel in terms of value for money for our wedding reception was the Best Western Hotel, Steppes. We had looked mainly south of Glasgow but had been as far as Loch Lommond in search of the perfect reception hotel for our wedding.

From the moment we put the deposit down in early 2006 the staff at the hotel we very helpful with every phone call, email and meeting we had - we live in London but they easily accomodated our sporadic contact. Indeed, the manager showed us around on our initial tour and we were impressed with the reception room, the bar, the staff and all the rooms from suites down to 'standard'.

Our wedding day itself was a little cold - we had pictures taken in the small garden out front- but staff brought out drinks and canapés (that we had added to the great meal and drinks
selections). All the food was fantastic as was the style of the dining room and in particular, the M.C. I believe his name was John and he was magnificent. He guided us without a fault and put us at ease throughout the whole day. Everyone had a brilliant day with good food and good / alot of drink and the rooms were great. The staff even recommended the premier travel inn opposite for those on a budget which was very good of them, but the hotel wasn't dear in my experience. The Honeymoon suite was lovely and the champagne and fruit was most welcomed upon our retirement at about 2am.

I have always wished for a perfect reception where both sides of the family loved it - and my family mostly from 'down south' were all glad to have made it. Some of my reviews here have be cutting when I think we have been let down, but on this day of most stressful days, I couldn't fault the venue nor its staff in anyway. I cannot praise The Garfield House Hotel enough for starting our married life in a perfect way, it makes me smile even now, 2 months down the line! Thank you.

Stayed October 2007

Been to BEST WESTERN Garfield House Hotel? Share your experiences!