“Lovely hotel, three star plus” 4 of 5 stars

Cumbernauld Road, Glasgow G33 6HW, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 90 hotels in Glasgow
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, three star plus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed the last two nights on a business trip. The hotel restaurant was good value and the staff were friendly and provided considerate service. I would use this hotel again for business or pleasure. niely located just outside Glagow but good access to main roads.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I happened to stay at this hotel at the last minute. What a great find. Although situated in an area with few facilities,this hotel made sure my stay was one of the nicest I have experienced.

Bedroom large and very comfortable. I stayed in room 3. This is situated at the front of the hotel over the main entrance,but not a jot of noise. TV could have been a bit bigger to make it easier to watch in bed.

Hotel restaurant was modern and airy.Good menu at proper prices.

All staff very pleasant and helpfull

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Overall the place was fine. The room was fairly spacious and staff lovely. Only problem I felt, which kind of ruined my experience was the fact the floor boards are so creaky (like really badly) and the walls are the thin fibro so you can hear pretty much everything.
For instance the person above our room decided to pack their back at 11.30pm on a monday night so we hear the zipping of opening and shutting of their bags, the stomping as they walked from one end of the room (including creaky floorboards) to the other and the fact the TV was on too.
Do yourself a favour and bring ear plugs or else you are at the mercy of others timetables.

Also, there are a heap of wedding held here on weekends, so be prepared for the noise and crowds in reception.

Room Tip: Request a top floor room if you can.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnabow, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We rented two rooms in this lovely hotel on the outskirts of Glasgow. Our rooms were large, well decorated and very comfortable. The hotel staff were all exceptional even while large weddings were going on during the days we stayed. The hotel is within walking distance of the train stop at Steeps. The train trip into Glasgow took just a few minutes. The hotel's restaurant is excellent and moderately priced. We enjoyed breakfast and dinner there on several occasions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
West Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The staff was super, very cordial and went out of their way to help us get settled and oriented after arriving from the US in the early morning. Enjoyed a very good dinner in the restaurant, our room was clean, updated and very reasonably priced. This is far better than any Best Western I have seen in the US. Far enough outside of Glasgow to avoid mid-town prices, but close enough to get into Glasgow very easily.

Note - This location is very popular with the local weddings on the weekends and so it is imperative to avoid getting a room above the event room, unless you want to listen to DJ wedding music through the night.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above the event room if there is a wedding reception there during your stay. The muffle...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Our wedding was at the Garfield House Hotel on 31st August and I cannot recommend this hotel enough, we had an absolutely fantastic day. All of the staff were extremely helpful and worked so hard to make sure everything about our day was perfect, especially John Kelly. From every meeting with John, he made us feel completely at ease and nothing was too much trouble for him. On the day, John was brilliant from making sure me and Garry were OK before the ceremony to ensuring everything ran like clockwork. A lot of our guests stayed at the hotel on the night of the wedding and everyone we have spoken to has complimented the rooms, saying how nicely decorated they were. On the day, everything ran smoothly and all the staff were wonderful throughout the whole day (I cannot compliment them enough). The food was excellent and well presented, all of our guests have mentioned how nice the meal was. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone whether you are looking for somewhere to stay or thinking of having your wedding here. A huge thank you to all the staff and especially John for making our day so special :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked a double room at this hotel to celebrate a special weekend with my partner.

We arrived to the mayhem of a weeding taking place. We got into the hotel and checked into our room (number 23). As we started to unpack our stuff, I started noticing problems with the room. The lamp shades and unit surfaces were covered in dust and there were holes in the bed sheets. I complained at the reception desk and the duty manager came with me to inspect the room. He told me he would get these issues sorted or move us to another room. Once the duty manager had left, I went to open the window in order to ventilate the room and get rid of some of the dust in the air. To my horror I noticed MOULD growing on the window. This is a major health hazard as I have asthma and exposure to mould spores over night would have landed me in hospital. The only other room in the hotel was a twin room that was no good to us. We were therefore forced to check out and this in turn ruined our other plans and special weekend.

I understood from the mayhem outside when I arrived that there was a weeding on. This I know left the hotel with very few rooms. However the room in which we were given and the attitude of the staff gave me the impression that we had been overlooked and disregarded in favour of the weeding and all its guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Garfield House Hotel? Share your experiences!