“Great voucher bargain!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #647 of 1,884 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: American, Italian, Scottish, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Open since 1931, The Brooklyn Café has served its fair share of customers. With an American/Italian menu in the restaurant patrons can choose from plenty of classics from a freshly rolled pizza to full rack of babyback ribs and everything in between!Leaving with a smile on your face is a safe bet though as the homemade Ice-Cream has been a massive hit and is made daily on site. With more experience than most of the the surrounding eateries put together the Brooklyn café know how to keep everyone happy.
Paisley
“Great voucher bargain!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Friend treated me to lunch here today, food fresh and tasty, although I'd say the chicken wings should be deep fried after cooking to make the skin crispy but that's just my preference. Great portions and very tasty, but the place was ICE COLD, so much in fact we had to leave to get a heat or we would have loved to stay for a coffee and bit of homemade lemon drizzle cake.
Sort out your heating and we shall return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow
“Amazing Breakfast and Grill in one..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I love the Brooklyn café, you cant beat their breakfasts at the weekend, the place is normally full but hey will get you in and get you fed as if its second nature.
I took a few friends to get a breakfast before we went away for the weekend last weekend and they all went against my recommendations and went for their new grill menu.
At first i thought they would be disappointed when they saw my big breakfast coming but instead i found myself in awe when there grill came,
I still loved my breakfast but will be returning this week to try the grill. two of them went for pork and one for ribs and none of them could stop raving about it.
The service as always was great considering how busy it was and when my friend asked about their license they told us about the byob policy they operate so we will be back of an evening to try that out soon :)

Can't recommend this place enough, bit out the way of mainstream shawlands but worth the extra walk

Visited February 2013
Glasgow
“Food - average and overpriced, service - unprofessional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I ate here last weekend and I was not impressed.

Our food ok. Poorly presented and delivered with a similar attitude but was ok.
Scampie and chips - Unfortunately the best thing about this was the chunky home made tartar. I even asked for more.
Steak chiabata - Again, plesent but served with no care or desire to please.

The Dining area was FREEZING. Visibly, 7 other tables had either their Jackets on or a scarf or both.
The staff did not appear to have been trained ..... properly. Infact, my glass of water was put on my table by a member or staff reaching her arm round the corner between the 2 sections ( as my table was right by the opening between the 2 areas) - You can't make this stuff up.

As i recall, our server, as she asked for our order, instantly started counting heads in the dining area and ignored our answers. Terrible.
I really cannot recommend this cafe to anyone.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“The new Grill menu......AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Generally always got to the Brooklyn Cafe for the breakfast but recently tried the new Grill menu. The rack of ribs are amazing, they fell off the bone! The popcorn prawns are a great wee side dish. Thanks to the wee Irish girl serving, very helpful and attentive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brechin, United Kingdom
“I miss The Brooklyn!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have been going to The Brooklyn for years, a fantastic place,great food, good service it never changes! I have moved away but still make the trip when in the area,i do miss it, it's such a fine place to eat.
This is an old fashioned cafe, going back to days when value for money, good food and chatty staff were everywhere the Brooklyn meet the required standards that so many do not.
In an age of processed, frozen food, frozen smiles and robotic staff....the Brooklyn keep the flag flying with proper food and great standards, old fashioned values mean so much.
Keep up the fine work!!