“Just wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,876 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Thanks to everyone for the reviews ....With our simplicity we only try to keep our cuisine authentic and traditional.To describe us like a restaurant is a little inappropriate,we consider our place a small Bistro/Trattoria where there is not expects refined service, but definitely a warm Welcome and a great atmosphere..... and good Lasagne!Thank You!
scotland
“Just wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I used to visit this restaurant when it was Canasta and loved it. What a lovely surprise to discover that it was just as welcoming and with delicious food. We had no reservation but they squeezed us in for one hour, my friend and I are fast eaters. The chef came and explained the menu choices and was more than happy to alter dishes to our taste e.g change potatoes to pasta or type of pasta. We both had goats cheese and pepper bruschetta which was tasty and then spaghetti carbonara and meatballs with roast potatoes. The sauce on the meatballs was to die for and I was happily scraping it up with bits of potato. Both dishes were excellent and the house white wine was decent. Thirty pounds for two courses and a drink each. Great staff, good atmosphere, busy with families and reasonably priced.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best Italian meal in a long time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had heard so many good reviews about this restaurant I couldn't wait to try it! Went for the Pre-theatre last night and it was fantastic, such good value for money. The bruchetta was the best I have ever had and for the main I tried something I had never had before, La Parmengia (something like that) which was lovely! Can't wait to go back and try out the a la carte menu!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“FANTASTIC!!!!!! Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I cannot speak highly enough about this restaurant, I loved every single aspect of it!!!!! The staff could not have been more pleasant & accommodating, they were genuinely interested in creating a good experience. The food was second to none, by far the nicest Italian myself & my fiancé have ever had! I had bruchetta to start-wow & the most amazing pesto pasta ever, I have raved about it to anyone that would listen! I would encourage anyone to go here, you will not be disappointed! Just wish I didn't live 35 miles away or I'd be there a lot more often!

• Visited February 2013
Glasgow Scotland
“Tops for Italian food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just had a brilliant meal
Mix of per theatre and a la carte
Don't know why one of the previous reviewers left one star!!
My cannelloni was perfect. Tiramisu wonderful
Spot on
We ll be back
Well done to the management. Keep it up
Thanks

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing amazing amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I've been meaning to write a review ragarsing this restaurant for quite some time now.

This is up there in the top 5 favourite restaurants in Glasgow. It was previously my local restaurant as canasta before being taken over and changed to Sappori D'Italia and when I first dined in Sapori D'Italia I was blown away by how authentic the food was. Inside you would think you were in a restaurant in Italy by the decor. The waiting staff and the chefs are absolutely amazing and very friendly.

I have returned to Sapori D'Italia on several occasions following on from the initial visit and have tried something new from the menu each time and each meal has been fantastic.

My friends and family have agreed it is the most authentic Italian that they have tasted so far and the value of the food is absolutely outstanding.

It is a hidden treasure hidden in Mount Florida on the corner of Cathcart Road and I rate this restaurant very highly. Please give this a go and please enjoy your meal!

• Visited June 2012