“You'd Be A Fool To Go "Pasta"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 1,840 Restaurants in Glasgow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Thanks to everyone for the reviews ....With our simplicity we only try to keep our cuisine authentic and traditional.To describe us like a restaurant is a little inappropriate,we consider our place a small Bistro/Trattoria where there is not expects refined service, but definitely a warm Welcome and a great atmosphere..... and good Lasagne!Thank You!
GLASGOW
“You'd Be A Fool To Go "Pasta"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've been going here for months now. Been with friends and family a few times. Even had my daughter's 17th birthday meal here! But I love going here with my husband. You can dress up or down - which I like, whichever you prefer you will always be made to feel most welcome. I honestly believe if I turned up in my jammies the staff wouldn't bat an eyelid. Their aim is to make sure you enjoy your meal. For me - that is the most important thing that a lot of restaurants seem to get wrong. It doesn't matter how big and fancy your restaurant is, or whether you are the latest "celebrity" place in town - if you lose touch with your customers - then you have simply lost! Without a doubt this place is an absolute winner!!!

I've had minestrone soup, garlic bread with cheese, bruschetta, lasagne and carbonara - and I've never been disappointed. My daughters have enjoyed various specials on the menu - one of which was salmon and done to perfection. Also their mushroom soup is to die for.

For hubby - the usual is the meatballs, served with either pasta or roast potatoes. As he says "you just can't go wrong in this place!"

If you want fast food that is massed produced, serving staff that can't tell you what is actually in the dish and are more concerned about getting your meal as quickly as possible, whilst they fake smile in the hope of getting a big tip - then this is NOT the place to go! This is a place where you can ask for the carbonara without mushrooms - can ask for more bread - can stay and enjoy your meal without being rushed - can wave your glass slightly and it will be refilled. You just don't get that level of service in the plastic eateries that seem to be on every High Street and shopping centre. Thank God - because that is what makes this place stand out. It is unique! It is genuine - it is what EVERY local neighbourhood craves - good old fashioned quality food served by staff who smile and talk to you because they want you to enjoy your meal.

Don't just take my word for it - try it for yourself - you won't be disappointed!

scotland
“neighbourhood treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We've had several good meals here and always enjoyed our visit. The restaurant is small, but feels cosy and intimate. The staff are attentive and friendly. The menu is small but the food is good, very authentic. All in all, I think the owners have got it right.

“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I love Italy! I love Italian food. This is the best Italian restaurant in Glasgow. Hands down! Beautiful people! Beautiful pasta! My husband and I come here as often as we can. Can't recommend it enough.

Glasgow
“Food, value, atmosphere great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My daughter took me here on Saturday for lunch as she is a frequent visitor in the evenings. It was really good. Food was lovely as was the wine and the service and the personal touch by the staff and owners. Great to see them taking fresh veg out of the boxes on disay and cooking with them. Will go back some evening.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food, and excellent sevice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I visited this lovely wee place tonight, and were not disappointed!! When we arrived we were the only people there, this is normally a put-off for us but it was a Sunday so decided to stay and give it ago. We were greeted on arrival and the staff were very attentive throughout the night. After half hour or so of being there and after a splendid Minestrone Soup, I looked around and the place was full. Fantastic!! So now we had the atmosphere to add to it.

The food was lovely, from a rather humble menu that didn't scream out at you with various over priced meals, it simply had nice and simply meals that were done to perfection!!

I would recommend this place to anyone and I plan on returning very soon!!

• Visited September 2012