“Great food and service, shame about the attitude.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #606 of 1,838 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Glasgow
“Great food and service, shame about the attitude.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been to this restaurant on a couple of occasions and I have to say that the food is excellent. I like to support good restaurants in my local community, so I make a point of dining out locally. I think that this place is great value for money, the portions are reasonable and I have never had a dish that I haven't enjoyed. The margaritas are to die for, and the decor is fun, but not too tacky. The large pyramid mural actually makes a pleasing focus wall. The service is always prompt and the waitresses are pleasant. I have only one small niggle with this place and that is the attitude of the manageress. She has a very superior and abrupt manner about her, and can come across as quite dismissive at times. I have been to this restaurant twice and I have encountered this on both occasions,so I couldn't put it down her just having a bad night. I have also been met with a snooty tone when I have called the restaurant. To be fair, the manageress is always polite and efficient, if a little impatient, and she may not be aware that she is doing it, but it is a little off putting for customers. I would consider going back to this restaurant DESPITE the attitude of the manageress, simply because the food is so good, but I hope I get a warmer welcome next time. If not I think I'll be giving it a miss in the future. There are plenty of restaurants with good food, but service with a smile is important too.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Excellent food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

had my 3rd visit to Nachos last night and had a great meal. ordered starters from the special tapas menu and had a main from the normal menu. food was fast, hot and spicy and really nice. i asked for my enchiladas without veg and they were keen to offer me extras. ended up with a chicken, chorizo and potato enchilada which was amazing. the portions were perfect. not too much and not too little. and the service as good as ever. 3 starter, 2 meals and 5 drinks and the bill was £36

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Small portions, but ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We dined here on a Saturday night at the beginning of November. We'd booked, but only 4 or 5 tables were occupied.
The menu is typical Mexican fare, with Starters around the £5 mark, and mains around £10. I ordered nachos with beef to start, which arrived quickly but was a bit cold, and the portion quite small, they were tasty though and the salsa spicy. My wife’s starter, a sort of tostada with Chicken looked good, and she enjoyed it. For main, I went for the old favourite Chicken and Chorizo Fajitas’, my wife went with the Chicken Enchilada. My main arrived, on a sizzling platter, with a smallish side dish of the usual, sour cream, salsa, salad etc, but with only 2 wraps! The food tasted good, but I was halfway through my 2nd wrap, and was then told I could have more wraps/sides if I wanted...would have been better to have been told this at the start!
My wife enjoyed her main. The bill, including 2 rounds of Sol and a diet coke was £40.

Enjoyed the food, but could have done with a wee bit more.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent on all fronts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Went here for a get together meal with 5 adults. Excellent service and lovely atmosphere. The food is excellent Mexican. Best i have had for starter, main and pudding both home and abroad. My mum was there and doesn't like Mexican but was converted!

The cocktails both alcoholic and non alcoholic were tasty and the wine -white house- was lovely.

The staff couldn't have been better we never looked for anything to be done the staff were attentive without being interfering.

Lovely easy atmosphere which was really chilled. The manageress allowed us to sit back and chat long after the restaurant had closed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nachosglasgow N, Manager at Nachos Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you so much! The pleasure was all ours! We do our utmost to look after our customers. Hope to see you again soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is the second time we visited Nachos, if anything the food was even better than the first occasion. The chicken and beef nacho starters were excellent. Chicken Chimmy Chungas were great as were the Burritos. All round a very good meal with pleasant attentive staff. Will return and would recommend this Mexican Restaurant.

• Visited September 2012