“Fabulous Food - Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #193 of 1,885 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: A versatile eating experience that can now be sampled in glasgow "THE SUNDAY TIMES"Like us on facebook.. Asmaan Restaurant
Manchester
“Fabulous Food - Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The food was amazing. Never tasted a Rogan Josh like it. Alot thicker than I'm used to but the flavours were lovely. And seriously, if you don't try the garlic naan bread, there is something wrong with you - it's huge and absolutely gorgeous. We went two nights running on a three night stay! Really would recommend it. Staff are really helpful - they know every dish on the menu so ask if you're not sure what to have. If you like the sound of a dish but want it changing slightly, just ask - everything is cooked fresh so they can tweak anything for you.
We will be going again next time we're in Glasgow

Visited November 2012

scotland
“A good lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Having ate here for more years than i care to remember my wife and i found ourselves back in old glasgow town,so where should we eat and the asmaan won.We had a lovly lunch served by friendly staff for a good price only regret was we picked somewhere else for dinner.As mentiomed i have ate here for about 37 years off and on ans cant remember a bad meal

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, Scotland
“My new favourite curry is the Mazaydar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my 2nd visit (maybe 3rd) for dinner with my colleague Peter. It's a really friendly place with a good central location and very reasonable prices. My favourite curry is Lamb Saag (with spinach) and I usually have extra green chillies. I'm now converted to the Mazaydar which is described as "A Famous Parsee Wedding Dish, Lavishly Garnished With Fresh Spices With Spinach, Minced Lamb, Sliced Fresh Ginger, Fresh Green Chillis" It was fantastic.

Looking forward to going back!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Can still taste it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My sister and I were heading out to see a show so were looking for somewhere to eat and didn't need to go far! It's been years since I've been here but food was much better than I remembered. Had the 3 course dinner special - pakora to start, prawn patia with rice with a very large pratha between us - the curry was fantastic! Had the gulab jamon to finish along with coffee served with pouring (you dont get that very often nowadays). All in all an excellent meal - don't walk past it! Restaurant was busy with people coming and going, service was very good too.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Isle of Lewis
“Tasty Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Looking for somewhere to eat near the concert hall and stumbled across Asmaan Tandoori. we really enjoyed our meal, food was delicious and tasty. staff friendly and attentive. We will definitely be back!

• Visited November 2012