“Indian cooking as it should be” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Scotland
“Indian cooking as it should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

What a refreshing change from the same old recipes. This is Indian cooking at its best. Pakora like no other, delicious dansack with a light daal sauce, really fresh poppadums and skillfully made breads. What's more, Dining In is superb value.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Spice up your life.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The service, and welcoming manner of the staff,were all you would expect from this Indian delight.I attended on the night as a newcomer,and was apprehensive as to what I could expect, I was at once put at ease by the warm and sincere welcome which we received on enteringthis establishment.My wife and I left the ordering to my brother in-law who had visited before,we were presented with a platter which seemed to have at least a dozen different dishes which were highlighted on the main menu.This was enough to satisfy thefour of us,and as my brother in-law insisted on settling the bill,I can assume itmet with his approval.All in all,great food,great ambience,great place to round off a night.Highly Recommended.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
lanark
“love, love, love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Torn between wanting to keep this tiny place relatively unknown, and wanting to celebrate the food! But I think it has developed a strong following already so let's rave about the food..... Honestly, I haven't had better Indian food. The flavours are so fresh and complex - the monk fish with lentils, ginger and lemongrass is sublime, as is the traditional lamb curry, and the chicken with green herb, the makhani lentils with chapatti, the pakora, I could go on....... the only thing I haven't enjoyed was a prawn dish which was much too spicy for my taste. Tried to get a table tonight but fully booked - argh! Need to be quick off the mark. By the way Mrcpych - yes the portions are small - deliberately so - but look at the prices! what do you expect? Two of us typically order three main dishes, which is perfect. I'd describe the portions as midway between tapas and 'normal' main course size.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Very innovative!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I totally love that you can bring in your own wine! Also i am yet to find a cooler menu in any other Indian restaurant. And I am not a big fan of Indian food. Also, the flavours are mild and distinct. A great experience! Very offbeat Indian food!

Visited August 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Poor portion size”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Want to really write a great review since we are regulars of the cafe but need to be honest.Now visited this place three times.Food very good and great tasting, service attentive but portion sizing very poor indeed.Very little chicken and monkfish in respective dishes making it poor value for money in my view.I am not a massive eater but the potion sizes are inadequate.I am reluctant to return here despite my love of Mother India.Please make me change my mind!

• Visited February 2014