“Very attentive service with an Indian smile” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #334 of 1,884 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night
Glasgow,Scotland
“Very attentive service with an Indian smile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Visited last night after a quick pint over the road at one of Glasgow's finest hostelries and really enjoyed the meal. We had pakora and chicken chaat to start with. The pakora was crunchy crunchy and the chaat something to talk about! Sweet and aromatic with a devilish hint of hot spice. Main courses were Chicken Bhuna and Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken with a large plain nan (no butter the healthy option) and boiled rice. The red wine was a nice Rioja, sensibly priced and a great accompaniment for the meal.

Staff were fabulous. Friendly and attentive.

Price OK too.

Recommend.

Mystic

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“So good we went back again the next night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Staying at the holiday inn last weekend we were given some leaflets masala twist was advertised in it. What a find, lovely cosy restraunt,fast efficiant service and very nice food.chicken pakora nicest ive tasted anywhere. So good we went back the next night for more. Well done masala twist.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Big Mistake”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have used this restaurant and purchased takeaway and a la carte meals and it has always been pricey but quality. This was before all there recent special offers. After a hard day at work, I decided to order a takeaway for collection. I was informed it would be 15 minutes. On arrival I was told they were busy and it would be another 15 minutes. When I finally got the meal home, I was very disappointed. The chicken poori was as its namesake, poor. The chicken had flown out of the chapatti and it was more like a weight watchers poori. The chicken bhoona, was not a bhoona. the sauce was a bright orange, very spicy and the tomatoes were missing. When i phoned to complain, I was told that a poori is a starter and is meant to be small. I explained that I have had a poori many times before and that it was never as poor as this, to which I was told that's it. With regards the bhoona he apologised and said if I took it back he would refund the money and give me a curry free, but after waiting so long I declined, and next time I go I will receive one free curry and rice, though I doubt I will ever be back. Shame that its standards have slipped all because they have introduced special offers to chase a quick buck. Hungry and disillusioned.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“BRILLIANT FOOD, SERVICE AND AMBIANCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am a very frequent customer to this place. Just love the food here and service is top notch. Paneer Malaidar is the best in the whole city. Love the FOOD, totally a A++ highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
scotland
“Not bad at all, good flavours.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Went with friends on a voucher deal £6 a head for main course & accompaniment. If you ordered a tikka or fish dish it was £5 extra. On arrival it was busy, good atmosphere, lively. Decent decor & space between tables, lighting good, pretty clean, staff attentive. One issue toilets upstairs, so not great if your mobility isn't good.
The food was well presented & very tasty. We ordered 4 mains, all different & all very nice. Good flavours, aromatic, not overly spiced & all very different. A bit disappointed with the veg curry, unimaginative with the usual bog standard veg, potato, peas, carrot, not hard to create a better one with more imaginative veg. The garlic nan was particularly nice, crisp, thin, well cooked not "doughy" like a lot of them are. The wine wasn't bad either, price wise a bit on the high side, the usual hefty mark up, again like most other places.
I'd heard this place was a bit of a hit or miss, I can say it hit the spot. The waiting staff were all without exception very nice, attentive, helpful, no complaints there.
Would I go back...yes.