“Best kebab in Scotland” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Airdrie, United Kingdom
“Best kebab in Scotland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

A regular haunt on a Saturday at tea time despite living 15 miles away! Always busy, large portions, cheap as chips and the food...cooked over a charcoal grill, whatever your choice of meat it takes on a marvellous BBQ flavour. My personal favourites..lamb kofte, lamachan( Turkish pizza) with a mighty spice kick and large mixed kebab. All served with homemade pide bread, you will never look at an anaemic packet pitta bread ever again. I only wish it was closer.

• Visited November 2012

“Excellent little place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Istanbul is easily the best kebab shop in Glasgow.

The food is incredible, the staff are friendly and the prices are very good.

Fresh bread, well cooked food done on their charcoal grill, fresh salad and wonderful chilli sauce.

It's a bit out of the way, but the trip is worth it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tartu, Estonia
“No seats, but delicious fresh kebab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We love a good kebab - and this place pleased us immensely.

The turkish bread is baked fresh, and still warm out of the oven. And the serving is large - almost too large. It would feed any appetite.

The only downside is there are no seats, but the taste and value definitely outweigh this.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best Kebab in Glasgow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I really can't describe quite how perfect the food from here is!

We work nearby and go here regularly, it used to be our Friday treat but now it's become more of a 2/3 times a week occurrence.

You'd think that we'd grow bored of their Chicken Kebabs but quite frankly it is the tastiest thing arround. The chicken is always chargrilled to perfection, and gently seasoned - the result of which is an incredible taste sensation. The bread if I'm honest is a bit inconsistent, it can sometimes be quite hard but when it's done right it's amazing, always freshly made and beautifully warm and tasty. The salad is perfection - something you should understand about me is that I hated salad... until trying this salad - now I really can't get enough. Although I should also state that I ask for no onions in the salad because I find them a bit overpowering - especially at lunch time.

The service is always quick - especially if you call ahead like we do (0141 429 1231) and yes I did just write that from memory! The guys are always so happy!

My one complaint - is the fact that they close every July to go home and see their families. Its a very very hard month when we don't have a decent kebab on offer (I know there's another kebab shop allong the road but I'm not even going to get started on that place). It was especially hard this year when they came back to a damaged shop so were also closed for August :( Morale was low! Also the Price is just incredible - £3 for a small and £4.20 for a large... actually amazing!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow
“Its the mutts nuts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Is there a better kebab shop in Glasgow? No. I even went to Turkey and went where the locals went and it still wasnt as good as the Istanbul. The lamb shish is just awesome. well marinated meats, home made sauces and flatbreads all amount to the best kebabs and lamahcuns you'll ever have. Everywhere else is just poor in comparison. Its so cheap too you feel like your robbing them.

• Visited July 2012