“Great Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #154 of 1,885 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: New Italian restaurant opened 16/08/2011 First class food not the usual Pasta and Pizza Award winning chef small menu exellent 0141 334 0111
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Although a bit pricey, you get what you pay for....
The mushroom tart was amazing - served with a confit of egg yolk - cooked for 5 hours on a low heat. It simply melts into the mushrooms to make a truly unctious starter.
The main of chicken was very tasty, especially the re-constructed and herb-stuffed chicken leg. This showed great skill and creativity of the chef.
The pudding of pear tart tatin was sublime - generous, light, sweet, moreish.
The meal was faultless - I'll be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Glasgow, Scotland
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Visited this place on a whim having lived no more than a 5 minute walk from it for over 8 years and never been in before. I've been missing out! The food was fabulous and the service was excellent. This is a real Italian restaurant, not a pizza and pasta joint and the chef has clearly worked hard to produce something a little bit special.

We went for the fixed price menu which turned out to be excellent value. Both of us decided to skip the starters as we wanted to keep room for the desserts. I had the mussels linguine - I wasn't going to because I wasn't in the mood for messing about with shells but the waiter couldn't have been more helpful and was happy to ask the chef to shell the mussels before the food came out. The dish was perfect, beautifully balanced with chilli and lemon. My dining partner had the stuffed chicken which was also excellent (I had to steal a bite off her plate when she wasn't looking).

For dessert, although we were on the fixed price menu the waiter was happy for us to choose anything from the a la carte. I had the pannacotta which was fabulous and my partner had the pear tart tatin. I was threatened with violence if I tried to sample her dessert so all I can say is it must have been good.

The service was friendly and attentive without being overbearing, the decor and ambience spot on. I've read some of the poor reviews and have to say they bear little resemblance to our experience. The music was kept at a low volume and was never intrusive and quite frankly anyone who turns their nose up at a restaurant just because it's next door to a Spar clearly has bigger issues.

I wouldn't hesitate the recommend this restaurant to anyone. I'll definitely be going back, regularly. In other reviews I've said that a good measure of a place is whether or not I think it's worth travelling across town for. This place definitely is.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food, service can be a bit hit or miss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've eaten at La Famiglia four times now. Twice for dinner and twice for lunch.

The food is always very good, however the food at dinner is many times better than at lunch!! At dinner the presentation is fantastic and the food is genereally excellent. I recommend the scallops baked in the shell with citrus fruits and beetroot. Absolutely fantastic!

It would be good to see the lunch menu change a bit more. I'll probably not return for lunch until it does. The dinner menu seems to change frequently.

Service is generally good, however, on my last visit, they were really slow taking drinks orders and clearing the plates from the table. Our side order of triple cooked chips never arrived but it did make it on to the final bill and I had to ask for it to be removed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

What an amazing restaurant!! The food was the nicest I've ever had in any Italian restaurant, the wine was excellent as was the service. Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant over any other. Can't wait to return!!

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Food excellent, service very slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Visited 29th September. A small menu but enough variety to suit most tastes. Tthe food was excellent but the service incredibly slow despite the restaurant being only one third full. Three and a half hours for a 3 course meal (no coffee) was a bit too long. Delay seemed to be from the kitchen as the front of house staff were efficient and attentive. However this won't put us off going back.

• Visited September 2012