“Our wedding day - made so special by a fantastic team in Menzies, Glasgow.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Menzies Glasgow Hotel

You added Menzies Glasgow Hotel to your Saves list
Menzies Glasgow Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Washington Street, Glasgow G3 8AZ, Scotland (Anderston)   |
Ranked #24 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Our wedding day - made so special by a fantastic team in Menzies, Glasgow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

We had an absolutely marvellous wedding day at Menzies Hotel, Glasgow and all credit goes to Geraldine, Paulina, and the fantastic team who certainly know how to exceed the customers’ expectations.

This included arranging accommodation for my family who had travelled from Northern Ireland. They were all delighted with the style, cleanliness and comfort factor of rooms from Standard, Executive, Suite and Apartments.

The meal we had was of superb quality with great portions - well done to Chef. Breakfast the next morning was also of good quality and the staff were very attentive and friendly.

When you visit be sure to meet 2 very special bar men – William and Dennis. Both guys have the patience of a saint and brilliant personalities. They served served us drinks all day and all night – they are both stars!

We didn't get time to use the leisure facilities but a few family did and they were very impressed.

If you are looking for a city centre location for your wedding or a special ocassion we fully recommend this hotel. Besides all comments above this is true value for money.

Carol & Davy (Glasgow)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Menzies Glasgow Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Dear….

Thank you for your great review, I was delighted that you had a marvellous wedding day with us. It was very pleasing to read your positive feedback, and comments in relation to the team and thank you for personally mentioning Geraldine, Paulina, Denis and William and the friendliness of the staff. I will ensure that all those highlighted and the rest of my team share in your kind praise.

I am delighted that all your guests had a fantastic experience and you felt that the Cuisine was excellent with great portions and I have passed on your thanks to Richard Lyth my Head Chef.

Once again many thanks for your kind review and I hope to that we can welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Philip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Booked a break at this hotel for my partner's birthday. Was really looking forward to staying there since the reviews I'd read on this site were so good. However we were left feeling disappointed. Service was patchy at best - when we tried to order lunch in the bar on our first day we were told quite brusquely that we'd "have to wait" (not a great way to treat customers); and we had numerous problems during our three breakfast services. Maid service also wasn't the best - we were left short of toilet roll a couple of times. Ths staff just didn't seem particularly...welcoming.

Our room was fine - a bit tired but OK overall. The fridge didn't look as if it had been cleaned for a while though (in fact there was something a bit mouldy growing in there). We also had problems with the temperature in our room. Admittedly we did stay during a particularly chilly period, but our air conditioning just seemed to be pumping out cold air. We reported the problem and to be fair to the hotel they did supply us with an electric heater.

The real selling point of this hotel in my opinion is the leisure club which is good - really well-equipped gym and nice pool and jacuzzi.

Location's also good - about a 10 minute walk to Central station - so nice if you want to enjoy the city centre without being in "the thick of it".

I was really ready to love this hotel (and really wanted to love it too). A real shame that it didn't match expectations.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback in relation to your stay and please accept my sincere apologies for the issues that you experienced with your stay.

I did try to contact you directly through the site to learn more and to speak to you directly so that I could discuss your review. I am very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations with regard to your room, the bar and during breakfast all of which are certainly not indicative of the usual high standards that we aim for.

I was very concerned to read your comments in regard to service and way the bar person came across and would like to speak directly to you about this – I can assure you that following your review we have undertaken further customer care training to ensure no future repeat.

On a positive note I was pleased to read that you felt the leisure club was good, and the gym very well equipped, I do hope that you will re-consider returning to the hotel in the future and would ask that you contact me directly at philip.mellor@menzieshotels.co.uk should you have a requirement

Newcastle upon Tyne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

My partner and I spent a weekend leisure break at this hotel and were overwhelmed by the warm welcome we received, the beautiful accommodation, the service, the food, the spa and will be recommending it to friends and family - we will definitely be making return visits. Thanks to all staff for a wonderful experience

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review, I was delighted that you had a superb stay with us. It was very pleasing to read your positive feedback, and comments in relation to welcome and the friendliness of the staff. I will ensure that my team share in your kind praise.

I am delighted that your experience in the Brasserie for dinner, breakfast and the Spa was excellent and I will ensure the team share in your praise and I will pass on your kind comments to the girls in the Savannah spa.

Once again many thanks for your kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel

Dumfries
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I with four friends stayed at end of November to celebrate my 50th birthday. We had a fantastic time. My husband had contacted the hotel to say it was my birthday and queried the possibility of a bigger room - we were given one but were still close to our friends, which was ideal. There was also a 50th birthday card - a really nice touch. Dinner on the Friday night was included in the package and I don't think any of the six of us had a fault with any of our courses. The breakfasts were a good choice of hot or cold - liked the fact that toast was brought to the table by staff who were continually going round the dining room. Sunday morning was a bit hectic and the six of us were unable to get a table together - but close enough to speak to each other. It started to snow heavy during breakfast and leaving the car park was an 'experience'. Our friends were heading home and my husband and I stayed in Glasgow a third night - but moved to the Millennium - BIG MISTAKE! Wished we had stayed on at Menzies and will definitely be back. Thank you for making a special weekend extra special!

• Stayed November 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review, I was delighted that you had a very enjoyable 50th with us and thank for your kind comments about the little extra touches. I was pleased to read that you were impressed with your dining experience and the cuisine and I have passed your thanks to the Brasserie team and my Head Chef Richard Lyth,

prestwick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

My husband and I travelled to this hotel with 4 other couples for my birthday weekend you must go to this hotel,right from start as you enter Brian is there to greet you, no problems with checkin.Rooms are spacious and really clean.Our meal on our first night was first class even got champers from management for our table,all service in restaurant was efficient and all staff were smiling.Brian (at front of reception ) very helpful of telling our group where to go for Glasgow night life.
next morning breakfast was first class again lots to choose from and again same staff as night previous smiling and very helpful.
All my friends and i went to swimming pool, steam room,sauna.jaquzzi i must also thanks girls in beauty room who gave my 2 friends and myself a massage thanks girls.
We stayed for 2 nights in this lovely hotel i highly recommend it for a great weekend with first class service.Thanks Menzies hotel you made a birthday weekend soo special and we will all be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Menzies Glasgow Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review, I was very pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable 50th with us and we exceeded your expectations in every department. It was very pleasing to read your positive feedback, and comments in relation to the friendliness of the staff. I will ensure that my team share in your kind praise.

I was also delighted that your experience in the Brasserie for dinner and breakfast was excellent and I will ensure the Brassiere and Kitchen teams share in your praise and I will pass on your kind comments to the girls in the Savannah spa for the pampering experience.

Leven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

Staff very friendly and efficient. Check in quick. Rooms huge, with plenty of storage. Comfy beds. Bathroom decent size with good water pressure in shower. Bar area spotless and comfortable. Breakfast was great and we had dinner in the brasserie one night, which was really delicious. Used the pool and steam room, which were also very clean and worth a visit. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying here the next time I'm in Glasgow.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your excellent review, I was delighted that you had a great stay with us and I have passed on your feedback to my team. I was pleased to read that from the moment you checked in that we exceeded your expectations and you made use of all the facilities in the hotel.

Thanks you also for your kind comments in regard our Wave Leisure Club and your room.

I do hope it will not be too long before we can welcome you back to Glasgow

North Lincs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

Stayed for our Wedding anniversary and found hotel offered a good 2 day package, and was within easy walking distance of Glasgow Central train station and City shops.

Hotel had friendly staff, especially Russell who booked us in / out (arranging a nice upgrade for our stay). Although we didn’t use pool area looked nice, but would certainly recommend a evening meal as this was excellent.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review. I am delighted you enjoyed your anniversary with us and that Russell was able to upgrade you for this special occasion.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience in the Brasserie and I have passed on your great feedback to my team.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Glasgow in the near future.

Philip

Been to Menzies Glasgow Hotel? Share your experiences!