“Fantastic Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Menzies Glasgow Hotel

You added Menzies Glasgow Hotel to your Saves list
Menzies Glasgow Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Washington Street, Glasgow G3 8AZ, Scotland (Anderston)   |
Ranked #24 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Strathaven, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

My Stay at the Hotel was for my Sisters wedding which was to held within the Hotel. I had a fantastic stay at the hotel. It is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. Check in was quick and easy, The staff were very friendly and efficient. I was booked into a Double room for my two night stay. Its one of the nicest rooms I've been it. Large double bed, large bathroom, comfy chairs, Fridge in the room, lots of space in the room etc. Only down point was some of the TV channels didn't work but I didn't watch much TV over the weekend. My parents had booked an Apartment suite which was large with plenty off room and its own kitchen. My Sister was given an Loft apartments which looked like my parents apartment but the bed was located upstairs so there was loads of room in there. The hotel it self is only a 5 min walk from one of the main shopping streets in Glasgow. Its pretty simple to get too just off the M8 with plenty of parking in the Hotels car park which is across the street around an old school building. The pool in the hotel is good, much bigger than expected so plenty of rooms just to paddle about. I had a quick look in the Gym which looked good with plenty of choice of machines. The food in the hotel was great. Breakfast is a buffet so there was plenty of choice. The meal at the wedding was very nice and filling. I had a burger and chips in the bar which while wasn't cheap was very nice. The Bar area is good as well. Plenty of space for our party of guests who arrived a day early and an full professional rugby team. Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel. I would recommend this hotel highly

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
LennyHughes, General Manager at Menzies Glasgow Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a comprehensive review, I am delighted you enjoyed your visit.
We have now printed off your great feedback for display in our staff canteen for all the team to see.
I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Lenny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Polish first
Scottish borders
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

my friend and I had a great stay good deal on internet 2 nights with free meal one night wish we had time to use all the great facilities
room large and comforable , all the staff were so friendly and helpful will certainly recomend and hope it`s not too long before I go back

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
LennyHughes, General Manager at Menzies Glasgow Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2009
Dear Guest,

What an excellent review. Thank you.
I will now pass your great feedback on to my team and this will be displayed in our staff canteen.

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

kindest regards

Livingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

Easy to get to from M8, easy parking and very helpful and friendly staff. Room was extremley spacious and very comfortable. Could not fault the hotel at all. Will use again for sure.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
LennyHughes, General Manager at Menzies Glasgow Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review and comments about my team. I have already passed on your great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Ayr
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

Upon my arrival I was at a loss as to where the car park was so for your information i am attaching a photograph for you to see the car park before you commence your journey.
Upon arrival at the car park you can drive up to the big secure steel gates and they will open sesame for you automatically, then you will leave by pressing a steel button next to the exit gate.
This will save you parking on the street first and then finding a ticket on your car from the nasty traffic warden on patrol.
Once i arrived it was about a 15 minute wait for the lady who could not find my booking so i stood and waited painterly.
I requested a quiet room and i am pleased to say that it was, Thanks for that.
The room i stayed in was basic and as soon as i arrived i said to oneself “Oh why didn’t i just pay the extra for the much grander Marriott straight across the road” Oops i did it again.
The room was just okay the bed was comfortable other than that i am afraid to say i have nothing further to add to the room.
The spa is also just okay small steam room and sauna, nice large pool and changing rooms were great.
The hotel bar area is also okay.
The breakfast was fine no complaints.
Would i go back? Only if i had to stay there i would just pay the extra £20 and stay at the Marriott as this is about 1/3 of the size of the Marriott which is straight across the road.
If you want a quiet hotel away from the Busy City 5 minute walk away and are fine staying in an okay hotel then this might be your choice.
If you prefer a bit more of a treat to oneself i suggest the Marriott or Hilton.
If you want to know anything else please send an email i am glad to be of any assistance to any travellers.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
LennyHughes, General Manager at Menzies Glasgow Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2009
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I much appreciate you giving the information and picture on our car park but I was very dissappointed that we did not live up to your expectations with regard to the bedroom and my sincere apologies for the delay on checking in.

I would be delighted to discuss any aspect of your stay in more detail and would be grateful if you contacted me directly on 0141 270 2319

airdrie, scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

We found a great deal online which turned out even better as we were given a complimentary upgrade to an apartment, being a smoker I found myself with a dilemma but I decided to accept the generous offer and resigned myself to the occassional trek to the smoking area at the entrance to the hotel. The staff were outstandingly welcoming, I haven't experienced that kind of service for a very long time. Dinner was beautifully presented and there was no sense of being rushed by the laid back but professional dining staff. The apartment was gorgeous. Very spacious with more amenities than I could have hoped for. I really wish I had been better prepared as I would have loved to take advantage of the leisure facilities. Overall I would rate this more highly than a certain 5* hotel just up the road and I will definately be returning.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
LennyHughes, General Manager at Menzies Glasgow Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2009
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your excellent review, we much appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.
I have now displayed your review in our staff canteen so everyone can see your great comments. You have summed up what we are all about.
We hope you get a chance to use the leisure facilities on your next visit.
I look forward to welcoming you.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

Stayed in early Feb while in Glasgow for Business, rooms are very nice and spacious. managed to use the pool & gym briefly also and they were both very good. Breakfast provided a good choice and the staff were attentive and friendly. Did not have dinner in the hotel. Parking is also a benefit in Citry Centre

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
LennyHughes, General Manager at Menzies Glasgow Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2009
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your great review, which I have passed on to my team. Thank you for your good comments on breakfast and we hope you have a chance to sample dinner next time you stay with us.
I have now passed your feedback on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Thanks once again for taking the time to submit a review.

Liverpool, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

We had a weekend break in Glasgow and chose the Menzies. It was a worthy choice. Its a comfortable hotel, the room was very large and the bed excellent. The breakfast was also very good. The location is convenient and when all the regeneration is complete will be better but really, that's not a problem. Most impressive was the customer service. Unfortunately, the iron in our room was faulty and ended up turning a pair of trousers into a charred heap. They couldn't have been more apologetic - they gave us a complementary bottle of wine and suggested we wrote directly to the general manager who was back in the day after our departure. Almost straight away an email arrived on that day asking us to bill them for the replacement trousers - I have the money little more than a week later. Mistakes happen, but the way they dealt with this could not be faulted. We would certainly stay there again and would recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
LennyHughes, General Manager at Menzies Glasgow Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review which I have just passed on to the team.

Please accept my sincere apologies once again for the problem you had, but I am delighted you had a great stay and will be returning.

Please contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Lenny

Been to Menzies Glasgow Hotel? Share your experiences!