This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel which, considering its location south of the Clyde in the Gorbals, is something of a recommendation in itself.
As before, the hotel was very good - reception was friendly and helpful, rooms clean and well equipped, breakfast excellent and overall very good value for money. The only downside is something which is completely beyond the control of the hotel but may be something to take into account if you are a light sleeper.
Over the road, Glasgow City College is having a little work done (an understatement) and unbelieveably the construction site operates 24 hours a day. I am a very heavy sleeper but the noise at 3:50am was enough to awaken the dead let alone a solitary business traveller like me. I was in room 137 which faces the construction site so the problem may not have been quite so bad in rooms facing the other way, but the noise was just incrtedible (I stayed in a hotel next to the runway at Stansted airport the other week and there was no comparison to this).
If you stay here, and you should, try to make sure you have ear plugs or ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scotland's first and only curved hotel - 5 min walk from the main attractions of Glasgow City Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel Glasgow
- Tulip Glasgow
- Glasgow Premier Inn
- Tulip Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Scotland