“Great low cost Glasgow accommodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Queens Park Hotel

Queens Park Hotel
You added Queens Park Hotel to your Saves list
Queens Park Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Balvicar Drive, Glasgow G42 8QT, Scotland (South Side)   |
Ranked #80 of 91 Hotels in Glasgow
Perth, United Kingdom
“Great low cost Glasgow accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Thanks to people in the stag day I was organising not getting back to me until the week before the stag day we were struggling to find somewhere in Glasgow to stay. We were able to get a quad and 2 singles to match our needs within 5 days of the stag night. The hotel was clean and we were welcomed by a friendly receptionist.
One of our rooms was not ready but reception just upgraded the person to a free triple room at no extra charge. The single and triple rooms were en suite where as the quad room shared one of the two bathrooms on the main floor. We were not expecting breakfast but a cold breakfast was delivered to our door in the morning.
The hotel was value for money and while its not in the centre of Glasgow the tax back at night was only £7 and its not to far to a train station or bus stops.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors seem to be en suite where as the ground floor rooms share facilities,
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Terrible Hostel!

They claimed to be a hotel; I asked the question specifically!

We paid for a room for three people. Since I'd seen a couple references to 'hostel' online, I asked specifically if we were in a room on our own and was assured we were.

I also advised that we would be arriving very late.

When we arrived, we found an incompetent receptionist with a bad attitude who put us in a room with a complete stranger who was already asleep... without telling us! We argued for ages and nothing doing.

Completely unacceptable, dirty, RUDE place. The receptionist was very friendly when I made the original booking, but VERY RUDE when I called back to complain.

Room Tip: Go anywhere but here!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
aberdeen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Glasgow very busy this weekend, so ended up in this hotel. I will regret this for a long time.
I think that most of the doors have been kicked in once or twice, the tv did not work, skirting boards were missing, the place is falling to bits,a breakfast was left in carrier bag outside door!I think that this place is used as emergency b+b for DSS
The taxi I ordered would not let us into his cab until he had satisfied himself that we were not a pair of smackheads, another driver said the same
At £35 a night you cannot expect the ritz, but it is not worth £25 a night, this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
The previous review(which I had not read) was wildly optomistic.

Room Tip: book another hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I am writing this review at 1:25 in the morning as I am being kept awake by the night porter and his friends having their nightly get together which if like other nights will go on until 7 in the morning, if you like the idea of spending some time in a good old fashioned doss house then this is the place for you, if however you want a nice place to stay where you can relax and watch tv on an evening then forget it. The tv in my room has been out of action since I arrived and all I get when I ask for it to be repaired is the mans trying to fix it, all it needs is an ariel and remote control. Do yourself a favour and pay that little bit extra and stay elsewhere this place will ruin your time in Glasgow.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Queens Park Hotel? Share your experiences!