“Filthy” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,209 of 1,974 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: It was a sunny day back in 1982 when we opened our first door and served our first inquisitive customer. A family owned Scottish company, our aim back then with Peckham's was to provide a personal and friendly service while offering foods of the highest quality. The largest and arguably most majestic of the Peckham's sites. Located within Glasgow's thriving Merchant City, this architectural splendour houses a delightful cafe offering a wide range of high quality food and drink including our famous selection of indulgent cakes and sweets. Hidden beneath the cafe you will find our wonderful emporium boasting an array of delectable treats ranging from artisan cheeses and jams to the finest wines, beers and spirits (and everything in between!). Our knowledgeable team will be more than happy to help you find that perfect gift or just a great bottle of wine for a night in.
Falkirk
“Filthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Visited Peckhams, Merchant City today (5th April '13) with my two sisters. We refrained from eating anything in the cafe when we saw how unclean the premises are.We witnessed a staff member who's appearance is best described as filthy, run his fingers through his greasy hair then prepare a baked potato with his unwashed hands. The premises do not mirror the impression portrayed on Peckhams website.In my opinion it would certainly be worth a visit from environmental health.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Herts
“Not Happy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Four of us popped in here on Easter Sunday afternoon for a hot drink and scones. Ordered four drinks and three scones. Had to take back a dirty tea cup and waited ages for our order. One small tea cup was for two people and we only got two scones instead of three. When the bill came we were charged for three. My friend brought this to the attention of the staff at the counter and got a mumbled "sorry". Miserable staff, slow service, no atmosphere, never again..

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Won't Be Back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Won't be back after visiting on Saturday 30th March. Shame as it was our Saturday haunt for coffee and cake.

Ordered 2 lattes and 2 hot cross buns. The lattes were luke warm and we had to ask twice for the buns. By the time they arrived 20 minutes later I had finished my latte and had been sitting with an empty cup.

Motherwell, United Kingdom
“Peckam's is Glasgow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Peckhams is a bit of a fixture or institution in Glasgow & is a complete mixed bag depending on what Staff are working , We like sitting in a booth or at the window on a bar stool , A bottle of prosecco & a morreti beer on a saturday afternoon is a nice experience . price around £18 ..not bad
The food is avalable & the staff appear to be over busy or unorganised , pleasant enough though .had the italian meat & bread plate ... Good quality food , poorly presented
The down stair is wine & deli & is always worth a visit , the guys behind the counter can be both helpfull & sometime a bit over powering .
The toilest are needing so tlc ... not the best in Glasgow
Still very wotrth a visit when aroung Glassford Street /Ingram Street
but it bussles & is a busy

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stumbled across Peckham's on Sunday night after arriving in Glasgow and checking into my somewhat basic accommodation. I had overlooked the fact Glasgow was celebrating St Paddy's Day and a football cup final, the Merchant City area was pretty lively. I wanted to escape the confinement of my cell and chill with a glass of wine. I spotted Peckham's and stepped in. Whilst most other people were drinking coffee I asked if I could grab a drink which was no problem. My waiter spotted me reading and suggested I may like to move to a table which is private on a raised area with comfortable seating, great shout. The atmosphere was relaxing and comfortable. I have a feeling this will be my hiding place when in Glasgow on business. Thank you Peckham's.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere