“Fantabulous.. Pleasant surprise.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #149 of 1,884 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Situated on Mitchell St, Barolo Grill is two minutes walk from Central Station, Queen Street Station and the Buchanan St Underground Station. Ideal for a business lunch in one of our comfortable booths, celebrations and large parties, graduations and even just to take the weight off your feet while shopping with a well earned glass of Prosecco. The clue is in the name, as they say - and Barolo Grill is no exception. We pride ourselves on our top quality Scottish steaks, meats and seafood, cooked to perfection, and served with a contemporary Italian touch. Our extensive wine list offers the best in Italian varietals, and of course a superb selection of Barolo wines. We also specialise in superb focaccia and pizza, baked in our traditional Italian pizza oven and topped with fresh ingredients.
lanarkshire
“Fantabulous.. Pleasant surprise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Booked this restaurant for a girls day out last week and have to say I loved it. Decor, ambience, staff, food, wine the lot.. Couldn't fault it. Had the king prawn and lemon risotto with spinach and have to say its the best risotto I've tasted ( apart from mine).. We sat for 3.5 hrs so this tells you how much we enjoyed it.. Definitely go again.. Had reservations booking as my last experience when this used to be L'Ariosto was totally different.. Good job guys for turning this place around.. I hope the next time I come my experience is the same. This is the true test.. Consistency!! Look forward to next visit..

• Greek first
Largs, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable early dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I enjoyed my recent visit to this restaurant. We had the early evening dinner (2 courses for £13.95), which was excellent value. The staff were very knowledgeable and helpful. As with most restaurants these days the wine was just a bit overpriced.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“A must try! You won't be dissapointed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Honestly I can say that the food here was some of the best I have tasted. After a recent visit to Glasgow we were stuck with finding somewhere to eat after a hard days shopping. In entering the restaurant I was slightly worried given that we were the only customers at the time. Any fears were swiftly put to rest when I took the first bite of my main course. Whilst the service was not the quickest I have experienced (call me impatient im from London!!) I can forgive them because everything tasted so fresh. Thier version of linguini gamberi is highly recommended.

Will definitely be going again on my next trip to Glasgow.

• Visited March 2013
gourock
“As Good as it Gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited for the third time and wasn't disappointed. The service,quality of food and the waiting staff were all first class. We had the set three course meal for under £15:00, choice of four or five starters and the same for mains. £5.00 supplement for sirloin steak (which I chose). The steak was "melt in your mouth quality" and expertly cooked and seasoned. Glasgow has a multitude of really good restaurants and Barolo Grill is up there with the best. Will be returning next time we are in glasgow

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hockley, United Kingdom
“Nice meal tainted by the manager's attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went here specifically for a steak.
Ordered some breads and olives but this turned up the same time as our starters depsite asking for them seperate. However all were delicious and hot so managed to munch ur way through the lot.
Then had a sirloin steak for main which sadly had a huge line of gristle running through it such that a 1/3 of the steak was not edible, what was was tasty, well seasoned and cooked as ordered. Now the portion size is good so I was certainly nearly full and not intending to make any fuss, so when they cleared the plates and asked if all OK I just pointed out the large amount of inedible steak still on my plate. Next thing manager comes round and tells me that is to be expected as all sirloins have a line of fat down the side (which I don't eat so had also left). There then occurred a discussion of me saying I know that, I'm not talking about that but this big lump here etc etc. Very bizarrly he then returned with an uncooked sirloin on a plate to show me the line of fat!! When I got slightly annoyed and pointed out that it wasn't the first steak I'd had in my life he then said no it was all the chefs fault, he was lazy and should have cut it out!
We got our desserts free but I was left bewildered!
Nice food- I would even go again

• Visited March 2013