“If they can't prepare the restaurant for breakfast service what hope is there?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel Glasgow

You added Millennium Hotel Glasgow to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel Glasgow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 George Square, Glasgow G2 1DS, Scotland (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #69 of 91 Hotels in Glasgow
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Major hotel starting breakfast at 0700 is not helpful for business types. When it takes them 20 minutes after the 'official' start time to have finished laying out said breakfast you just wonder whether they cared. No bread, no milk, no eggs, no orange juice all meant no time to enjoy breakfast, which just rotted up the rest if the day. Our hostess had the cheek to tell us to have a nice day! If her and her colleagues had been organised, prepared and managed then we might have had a fighting chance to do so having enjoyed breakfast instead of dashing, asking and hassling them! Really poor.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Over the past few years we have stayed in this hotel a few times. We stay reasonably locally but like to treat ourselves to a night in town occasionally. After the last time we said we would never come back, but decided on one last try. Big mistake. I really do hope the owners of this hotel, what could be a Glasgow Gem read this. The location, as everyone agrees is fabulous for trains, planes and automobiles but that's about it. In dire need of some serious upgrading. We booked two club rooms as we were in town for a wedding. Our rooms were very spacious and overlooking the renovations of George Square. Dirty old blackened carpets all round the edges. Tatty scruffy old furniture that has long ago seen better days and a bathroom that was just plain old and dirty. Breakfast, well what can I say, waitresses were just bored and not interested, the buffet was very poor and the continental selection was almost non existent. Will never be back until it ups it's game. Feel sorry for foreign tourists who arrive here and it's touted as one of Glasgows finest !!! It's seriously only just reaching a 3 star at the moment. Highly recommend the Carlton George just two minute walk from there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Was with a group and stayed for one night. When we arrived, our room wasn't ready and had to wait around in the reception area for awhile. Room was small for two people with large suitcases. Bed was comfortable although very small. All lights and everything in the bathroom worked. We were under the impression we would get breakfast in the morning but were told it wasn't included. They did let us have tea, coffee and some pastries before we left. Had to catch the train and the location was great being right next to the station.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Me and my boyfriend both stay in Glasgow but book this hotel for special occasions (Valentines Day, birthdays) it is in a great location, right in the middle of Glasgow City Centre so perfect for all pubs, restaurants and shopping! The rooms themselves need a bit of an update but always spotlessly clean and staff are friendly. For the price you cant get a better location, but just don't expect modern, apart from that we love it!

Room Tip: Get a premium room, more spacious and open.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very disappointed with the service and accommodation. I had decided to take my 4 year old daughter to see the sites in Glasgow and thought the Millennium would be the best place to stay as it is so close to the train station and George Square. I booked a double or twin room through Venere (a booking agent) for 2 people for 2 nights. When I arrived to check in the girl at the desk said 'one adult?' so I told her no it was for myself and my daughter. She looked surprised and asked if i had my confirmation. I had a print out of the itinerary which unfortunately for me did not state the number of people just the room type, date of stay and cost of the room. She said that they were only expecting one person and she would need to check with the booking agent. So after waiting 20 minutes she finally appeared from the office and said that the agent had definitely just confirmed 1 person to them. My argument was what was the issue when i had booked a double room! She then told me she had 'managed' to get me a double room which I thought was interesting as that was what I had booked!! My husband had manage to send me the original confirmation which stated 2 people which I showed them but i still got the feeling they thought I was making it up and even said it was a single persons rate I had been given. I later checked their own web site to see what the price difference was between one person staying in a double room and two people staying in a double room and there is no difference!

Our room was ok, small and had some old furniture and some missing coving on the ceiling. It was right next to the train station so could hear all the announcements. My sister was also joining me at the hotel later that evening. She had booked the same double room as I had but with one person occupying. When she checked in at 10pm she was upgraded to a club room!! Amazing when they 'managed' to get me the double I ordered. I'm sure a mother and child would have made better use of the extra space.

All in all if this hotel was in any other location i would not return. Definitely not a 4 star, 3 at best.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Alloa, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Had occasion to meet up with family for lunch at the Millennium Hotel in Glasgow. Chose it because it was so handy for the station. After being charged £19.50 for two 'small' glasses of wine we debated whether to go somewhere else once the rest of our party arrived but decided to stay put because it was quiet. Let's just say that from start to finish nothing went right. The dining room wasn't open due to a bus tour having afternoon tea and we sat in what is basically the reception. I was assured by the young man in reception that someone would come and take our order but no-one came near us. Finally I had to go to the bar (empty of guests) and ask why we hadn't been served. Our young waitress was very pleasant but didn't seen to have much experience. We ordered main courses and it was at least half and hour before they appeared. The food was okay, no complaints there. We ordered some wine with our meal (after finding out that the house wine cost only £4.50 a glass!) I could see our order sitting on the bar but no-one seemed interested in delivering them to our table so we were three-quarters of the way through our meal before we got them. We asked a staff member to take a photo and she said rather ungraciously that she was too busy although she did send another girl over later to do it. Coffee arrived and mine was stone cold (probably sitting on the bar again for ages). I told the waitress (the same one that was 'too busy') and she snapped my head off and told me "I'm getting it". Altogether an embarrassing day as we were being treated to lunch by a relative and I had suggested the venue. Big mistake. Staff need training. They didn't seem interested in the walk-in trade. Nor did there appear to be anyone in charge, just a lot of young folk doing what they pleased and pleasing the guests wasn't high on their list of priorities. We won't be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Perth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Fundamentally, the main problem with this hotel is that it's tired. It needs redecorated but, fundamentally, that's about all. It's sad that the last time I was in one of the function rooms a few years ago I noticed some water damage in one corner of the ceiling - and it was still there last week. A large crack in the outer pane of glass in my bedroom window was taped over. Not good. I think the Millennium needs to up its game, or give up and let someone else take over.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Millennium Hotel Glasgow? Share your experiences!