“Perfect for what we needed!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel Glasgow

You added Millennium Hotel Glasgow to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel Glasgow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 George Square, Glasgow G2 1DS, Scotland (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #75 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Perfect for what we needed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Me and my boyfriend both stay in Glasgow but book this hotel for special occasions (Valentines Day, birthdays) it is in a great location, right in the middle of Glasgow City Centre so perfect for all pubs, restaurants and shopping! The rooms themselves need a bit of an update but always spotlessly clean and staff are friendly. For the price you cant get a better location, but just don't expect modern, apart from that we love it!

Room Tip: Get a premium room, more spacious and open.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very disappointed with the service and accommodation. I had decided to take my 4 year old daughter to see the sites in Glasgow and thought the Millennium would be the best place to stay as it is so close to the train station and George Square. I booked a double or twin room through Venere (a booking agent) for 2 people for 2 nights. When I arrived to check in the girl at the desk said 'one adult?' so I told her no it was for myself and my daughter. She looked surprised and asked if i had my confirmation. I had a print out of the itinerary which unfortunately for me did not state the number of people just the room type, date of stay and cost of the room. She said that they were only expecting one person and she would need to check with the booking agent. So after waiting 20 minutes she finally appeared from the office and said that the agent had definitely just confirmed 1 person to them. My argument was what was the issue when i had booked a double room! She then told me she had 'managed' to get me a double room which I thought was interesting as that was what I had booked!! My husband had manage to send me the original confirmation which stated 2 people which I showed them but i still got the feeling they thought I was making it up and even said it was a single persons rate I had been given. I later checked their own web site to see what the price difference was between one person staying in a double room and two people staying in a double room and there is no difference!

Our room was ok, small and had some old furniture and some missing coving on the ceiling. It was right next to the train station so could hear all the announcements. My sister was also joining me at the hotel later that evening. She had booked the same double room as I had but with one person occupying. When she checked in at 10pm she was upgraded to a club room!! Amazing when they 'managed' to get me the double I ordered. I'm sure a mother and child would have made better use of the extra space.

All in all if this hotel was in any other location i would not return. Definitely not a 4 star, 3 at best.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Alloa, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Had occasion to meet up with family for lunch at the Millennium Hotel in Glasgow. Chose it because it was so handy for the station. After being charged £19.50 for two 'small' glasses of wine we debated whether to go somewhere else once the rest of our party arrived but decided to stay put because it was quiet. Let's just say that from start to finish nothing went right. The dining room wasn't open due to a bus tour having afternoon tea and we sat in what is basically the reception. I was assured by the young man in reception that someone would come and take our order but no-one came near us. Finally I had to go to the bar (empty of guests) and ask why we hadn't been served. Our young waitress was very pleasant but didn't seen to have much experience. We ordered main courses and it was at least half and hour before they appeared. The food was okay, no complaints there. We ordered some wine with our meal (after finding out that the house wine cost only £4.50 a glass!) I could see our order sitting on the bar but no-one seemed interested in delivering them to our table so we were three-quarters of the way through our meal before we got them. We asked a staff member to take a photo and she said rather ungraciously that she was too busy although she did send another girl over later to do it. Coffee arrived and mine was stone cold (probably sitting on the bar again for ages). I told the waitress (the same one that was 'too busy') and she snapped my head off and told me "I'm getting it". Altogether an embarrassing day as we were being treated to lunch by a relative and I had suggested the venue. Big mistake. Staff need training. They didn't seem interested in the walk-in trade. Nor did there appear to be anyone in charge, just a lot of young folk doing what they pleased and pleasing the guests wasn't high on their list of priorities. We won't be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Perth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Fundamentally, the main problem with this hotel is that it's tired. It needs redecorated but, fundamentally, that's about all. It's sad that the last time I was in one of the function rooms a few years ago I noticed some water damage in one corner of the ceiling - and it was still there last week. A large crack in the outer pane of glass in my bedroom window was taped over. Not good. I think the Millennium needs to up its game, or give up and let someone else take over.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Arrived at the hotel an hour after check in time... Room wasn't available! Got told to go for a wonder in the city and come back in an hour..'hopefully it would be ready' got to our room, wasn't the cleanest out view was the side of the train station and air conditioning vents which made noise the whole night and you could hear the announcements coming from the station. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Edinburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel appeared on the Qantas web site as a special deal for Australian travelers to Glasgow. We obviously got the worse room in the hotel. The room was tired, the furniture stained, the window coverings falling apart and the room service for cleaning well below par. To add further to our experience, there was a function in the restaurant downstairs of Indian belly dancers which reverberated throughout the hotel. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone at all. Stay clear!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel at all!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here on business 2 nights. Won't come back. Rooms are tired, staff are rude and minimal facilities. If you want to use the gym at the uni it's good and they have a deal just remember an umbrella as the hotel don't have any and it's 10 mins away!

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Millennium Hotel Glasgow? Share your experiences!