“Perfect location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel Glasgow

You added Millennium Hotel Glasgow to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel Glasgow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 George Square, Glasgow G2 1DS, Scotland (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #69 of 91 Hotels in Glasgow
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

A grand hotel from the 50's it is in desperate need of a complete refurb as the interior and the rooms are very tired. The first room was a corner room and resembled the inside of one of my size 11 shoe boxes.

Our replacement room was grandiose with a fantastic view overlooking George square.

We had a major problem with the heating which is the last thing you want in Scotland in December, there was no hot water on Saturday evening and the room as a consequence was freezing...... However, this was obviously a glitch and I view this comment more as a moan rather than a reflection of the hotel as it was fixed later on Saturday night and the hotel have compensated us to our satisfaction.

It is probably the best located hotel in central Glasgow and for this reason alone it was worth every penny. Situated 20yds away from the train station it is no more than a 10min walk from some of the finest shops and restaurants in the UK and only 400yds away from one of Europe's finest super clubs, Corinthians an absolute must visit, catering for all ages.

All in all I will stay there again, with a complete refurb this hotel would be a comfortable 4*.

Room Tip: Corner rooms tend to be tiny, its a huge hotel if you don't like your room say so...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Was at the Hotel on the 21st of February for Afternoon Tea with my mum, this was a Xmas present for us both from my nephew Ewan. It was a lovely afternoon, the Afternoon Tea included a glas of wine and tea, sandwiches, cakes and scones. It was very nice and we were seated in an area overlooking George Square. Can not fault any part of the afternoon, service was superb and the service was superb

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
girona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

we stayed here at the beginning of december and it was excellent as you are right in george square and 5 min walk from the shops and restaurants, rooms were simple but clean. lighting not great in the bathroom. breakfast was very good, we had free drinks and snacks in the afternoon with the club room tariff. staff friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived feb 15th and left this morning feb 17th. I am very dissapointed with our stay here. We booked this hotel for a valentines weekend away. we looked online and went with what we seen on the website. The pictures looked amazing.
On arrival i was very pleased, the lobby did look very 4* and the staff could not of been more welcome, had a problem checking n as we were trying to be charged more than what we were initially told when we booked. luckily i had my booking ref.
Once we got to our room i was so shocked, the room was tiny and defo not a double bed, the room was very dated and had stains all over the carpet, curtains and even the bedding its hard to describe it, it was that awful.
I did complain and was told we couldn't be moved as the hotel was fully booked but they would move us room in the morning and take 50% off our first night, we reluctantly accepted.
The next day I was over joyed to be moved to ''luxury room'' this was alot better. It was massive although it was still very dated and had a few stains on the floor.

It is a shame because this hotel has so much potential they really need to do a refurb.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and the room wasn't ready. Went to the bar and the drinks were reasonably priced. The room was huge, warm and comfy. We used the club lounge before we ventured out for dinner. Excellent. Breakfast was good. No complaints. This is also a great location to base yourself for a weekend in Glasgow. Value for money was excellent.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club studio
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We needed a hotel close to the visitor's center. This hotel was great. I also needed hypo-allergenic bedding. They delivered that also. Even though this hotel was right by the train station..we slept soundly. We arrived too early to check in but they took care of our luggage while we went out sightseeing. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance. We got breakfast with our room and it was great. We will definitely go back if we are in Glasgow again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot for work - and typically don't submit reviews for business travel; this is an exception though.

I have stayed at the Millennium Hotel five times since October 2012, and with every visit there are always issues with the hotel room, services or customer service. For example - no hot water, heating not working, poor WiFi connection, unhelp reception staff, no take away cups for coffee, stained towels iron not working, and ironing board broken. At check out I always provide feedback. The reception member of staff tyically listens, looks at me like I have 'three heads', and apologises. But they do not appear to care, or take action (e.g. no notes are taken).

My most recent visit (February 12th and 13th) prompted this review. My room was at the back of the hotel and directly over the train station entrance - which is not good for those who have sensitivity to noise. The room itself was extremely small - the bed was only a few feet from the door; this meant I heard everything in the hall at all times. The room decoration needed updating; two of the three dresser drawers were broken, and the curtains needed washing and repairs. The linen was clean - but stained, and the carpet needed a hoovering. I can't comment on the internet connection, as I used my 3G connection. In the morning on the 13th I placed the facecloth in the bottom of the bathtub - and expected a clean one. But the dirty facecloth was put back on the rack - which is unacceptable. On the positive side - the hotel is in a great location and the reception staff did note my comments at check-out.

I will avoid this hotel going forward.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Millennium Hotel Glasgow? Share your experiences!