“Milennium Glasgow” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel Glasgow

You added Millennium Hotel Glasgow to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel Glasgow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 George Square, Glasgow G2 1DS, Scotland (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #75 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Durham, United Kingdom
“Milennium Glasgow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We had a long weekend (Thursday to Sunday) at this Hotel. Mix of Business and Pleasure - It was good value, centrally located and was very good. Hotel was safe, well managed and we would go there again. Excellent value on an Internet deal - We recommend it ...

Room Tip: Suites are small
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
MillenniumGla, Operations Manager at Millennium Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your lovely review of the Millennium Hotel Glasgow, further to your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you found the Hotel to be safe and well managed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel upon your next trip to Glasgow.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I love the location of this hotel, particularly when on business as it is a few strides away from Queen Street station. However, the rooms are in urgent need of refurbishment, otherwise I can't see how it can continue to claim 4 star status.
I booked through a well know travel site, and got a reasonable room rate, so didn't expect a great room, so was somewhat surprised when I was offered a "complimentary upgrade". I should have known better.
Yes, I had a club room, but it overlooked George Square and the "Glasgow eye" and the poor glazing on the two large windows meant I was woken at 5.00 am by the traffic. This cynical ploy to offload its worst rooms on unsuspecting customers is the worst kind of marketing trick.
As I had been woken so early, I decided to spend the extra time relaxing in a hot bath, only to discover there was no plug, and a call to reception resulted in a Faulty Towers type conversation.
"What do you mean by plug, madam? Why don't you want a shower, madam? Do you have taps, madam?" I eventually hung up and had a shower.
The bathroom sink tap leaked and as far as I know is still running, as I couldn't turn it off. The carpets were stained round the edges, the paintwork historic, and not in a "Farrow and Ball" way and the furniture ready for the charity shop (or skip).
Breakfast, which I got at the "special" price of £10.95 was mean - the bacon undercooked and cold, the sausages ditto. Only scrambled egg on offer and the continental breakfast buffet consisted of two slices of slimy cheese and some fatty salami. I felt for the party of French tourists who were looking bemused as they sipped the insipid, lukewarm coffee.
I was staying for business, so had to spend a lot of time online. I paid £5 for the privilege of wifi in my room but before I could log on it I had to be put in touch with an IT helpdesk who connected me - a fairly painless exercise as it turned out, but why? And the download limit is very mean.
All in all, the only thing going for the Millennium is its convenient location and friendly staff. The facilities and rooms in a "budget" hotel such as Premier Inn are much better than those on offer in this so-called 4-star hotel. A shame as it could be wonderful.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not on facing George Square, and if you are, make sure the windows are sound-proof...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Suffolk, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I have stayed here several times on business & found it perfectly acceptable. My last visit was however two years ago. I recently recommended it to my daughter because the location is excellent. She had a miserable time. The (£107) room was in the attic with poor light & scruffy furnishings, the room service pizza was so bad as to be inedible, and the staff were ineffective and notably scruffy. At breakfast the cracked teapot leaked tea all over the table. She reports that the hotel has the air of not being managed, the rooms are being allowed to deteriorate, and the poor quality staff do as they like. For that price you can do a lot better in Glasgow.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

We were sorry to hear of your recent experience at the Millennium Hotel Glasgow. Please could dyou contact us here at the Hotel directly to discuss your experience further.

We look forward to hearing from you.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Check in states 2pm, arrived at 3.30pm to be asked to wait 30/40 minutes until the room was ready. Room had evidence of very bad damp and wasn't decorated to even try and cover it. Bathroom smelt of damp, but I think it had just been moped 5minutes previous with a dirty mop...needs modernised. All furniture bar the TV was old fashioned. Bed was clean with white sheets. Check out time is 12pm...Porter decides to enter the room just after 10am to change room - they don't seem to have any system to know if the rooms are empty. Glad I never paid normal prices, definately shows no signs of a 4 star hotel, would never ever stay there again or recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Got a good B&B room rate directly from hotel website. Stayed for 1 night following a wedding in the city. Delighted to get a room update to a suite overlooking George Sqauare on checking in. Welcoming efficient,quick check in check/ out procudures. Facilities for leaving luggage after stay.Comfortable room with great views over George Square. Wide choice on buffet breakfast where we got a nice table in the conservatory with great views over George Square.. Very comfortable bed with additional pillows /bedding in wardrobe if required. Iron/ironing borad located in wardrobe.Well stocked hospitality tray. Good selection of necessities in bathroom. Fluffy white towels .Somewhat traditional decor in roon/bathroom maybe in need of a makeover in parts.
Hotel is situated next to Queen St.station on George Square in the city centre. Great location with everything on your doorstep.Helpfull staff.
Would deffinately stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing George Square(4th floor) were amazingly quiet given this city centre location.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Livingston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My wife and our daughter revisited the hotel for an overnight stay in Glasgow for shopping etc. Here`s my wife`s report. We lasted visited twice in the Summer of 2010. This time our room (Room 202) must have been one of the ones due for a refurbishment. The single headboards were pine and the furnishing had seen better days (stained lampshades and worn furnishings). The plug to the kettle was not compatable with the wall socket and we had to take the kettle to the opposite side of the room to use it. The standing wall lamp`s flex was too short and did not stretch to the socket so could not be used. I pointed out these 2 faults to the reception staff and I was told that someone would move the lamp. This did not happen but we managed to move it ourselves later that evening. A new large television sat at one end of the dressing table but as it was placed halfway in front of the wall mirror, we were unable to use the mirror. The hairdryer was old and attached to a bulky plastic unit so was hard to use. It failed to work after 30 seconds and got very hot but when I phoned to report this, I was brought another one. The bathroom although clean could have done with a lick of paint at the windows and skirting boards and there was a crack at the foot of the toilet plus several tiles were cracked near the radiator.

We were disappointed as we were greatly impressed with our room on our last 2 short visits. This time, again the room was clean and the beds were new but if we were return I would hope that we could request one of the newer rooms .

An observation at breakfast was that there was no black pudding or potato waffles etc. I`m certain there was more of a choice last time. Also the little jars of marmalade and jams had been replaced by bowls of catering preserves in the buffet area and the orange juice was very watery. Its wee touches like that make all the difference between a good breakfast and a very good one.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lisa_Ruxton, Sales Team at Millennium Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. As a regular guest of ourselves, you will be aware that this is not a normal standard for ourselves. I would like to personally apologies for the experience that you have encountered and I can assure you that all of the points you have made have been brought to the attention of the relevant departmental managers. I hope I can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future to reinstall your faith in Millennium Hotel Glasgow.

Kind Regards

Been to Millennium Hotel Glasgow? Share your experiences!