“A little bit out of the way but good value nonetheless” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Glasgow City Centre

You added Ibis Glasgow City Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Glasgow City Centre
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 West Regent Street, Glasgow G2 4DQ, Scotland (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #46 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hong Kong
“A little bit out of the way but good value nonetheless”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

A good value no-frills hotel with all the basics. The staff was friendly and helpful. We purchased the media package with the room, which was a much better deal than paying for the TV package and internet access separately. As we didn't have a car we had to rely on public transport and taxis to get around. If you're taking the airport bus from the airport, remember to get off at the first stop and not the George Street stop. Otherwise, it's a good 15-20 min uphill walk to the hotel. Yep, we discovered that the hard way...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, June 17, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Glasgow and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Janice Fisher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

We have just returned from 2 day stay from Birmingham trip. The hotel is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel to go to the theme parks at all., we couldn't wait to get back to the peace and tranquility of the hotel.
It was a nice play to stay with budget well within our reach
Restaurants are great.
We paid $100 per night for a room . There were 2 double beds so the four of us shared.
Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in on
Nearby surrounding was very good

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rotherham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

I stayed at the Ibis for 1 night with my Dad. I booked the room on the phone at the start of Nov and asked for a twin room as I was travelling with my Dad. The day before checking into the Ibis I personally went into reception and confirmed my booking.
However, on the day of check in I was informed I had a double room; I explained this wasn't an option as I was travelling with my Dad. I asked for a discount off the room and said my Dad would sleep on the sofa, and I was then informed there are no sofas in the rooms.

I had to really make my point that I needed a twin room, and then I was informed that actually there was a twin room available??? and that someone else would be put into the double room !!

At no point was there any apologises from the reception staff, and I was made to feel I was at fault.

Once we got the twin room, the room was clean, the soap dispenser in shower was empty, 1 bar of soap by the basin.

Location wise it's not ideal as it's a good 20 mins from Central station and there are no shops, bars etc near the Ibis.

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is the 2 guys who were working the bar on sat night going into sun morn, friendly guys who were happy to chat, organised a wake up call, and assisted me with my luggage when I checked out.

Would I stay here again??No, and not just because of the mix up with the booking, but because the location is not ideal, the rooms I stayed in was small. I've stayed in the Travel Lodge at Glasgow and the rooms are bigger and the rate on the internet is from £35 per night, were as Ibis is from £53 per night.

• Stayed November 2009
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear Sir

I am sorry we were so slow to rectify your room booking, this is an area we should work on for future guests. Thank you for adding your comments onto the site.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

The Ibis chain is one of the most generic in the world. Every single location is identical inside, and you know exactly what you're going to get. The Ibis in Glasgow is no exception.

The location is very close to Sauchiehall Street. It's about 10-15mins walk from Central Station, Queen Street Station and Buchanan Bus Station. Charing Cross Station is closer.

The room was not massive, but big enough for the two of us. The bathroom had a spacious shower, no bath.

The bed was comfortable. We had a flat screen TV in the room, and there were tea/coffee making facilities.

At very busy times you may have to wait a while for the small lifts, as they cannot accomodate very many people with luggage, and have to serve 6 floors.

Ibis hotels are basic, but inexpensive. This one is perfect for exploring Glasgow on a budget.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for sharing your views of the hotels, I am sure other travellers will find this useful. We are always impoving so I do hope you stay with us again and see the improvements.

scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

Good clean rooms ,maybe a bit basic but all you need for a weekend stay.Helpfull staff and in a great location as in the city but away from the noise late at night .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir

So glad you enjoyed your stay in Glasgow.

I do hope to welcom you again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

I stay in this hotel quite a bit.. (3 or 4 times a year) and I have to say it is a really good choice. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. (The last time I went I arrived at the hotel @ 11am and the receptionist called up to the housekeeping staff to find out which room was clean and available for me.) The location of the hotel is perfect. You are close to the bustle of Sauchiehall St (literally around the corner) and the shops are a short stroll away. Value is really good and the rooms are quite spacious for the price. (I have stayed in hotels where we paid more for the room and had a very very small room) The food in the bar is great, as is the drink!!! the services in the room are great too..the broadband package and movie package are great when you just want to chill out after a long day shopping! I would recommend the hotel to anyone, in fact my mother is away over to it next weekend on my recommendation!!! Top marks for a budget hotel!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Dublin Girl

It's great you stay here so often , we are very pleased to welcome you again next time.

glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

The loctaion of this hotel was excellent. Big rooms, great breakfast only problem is no parking.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Ibis Glasgow City Centre? Share your experiences!