“Value for money accomodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Glasgow City Centre

Save Saved
You added Ibis Glasgow City Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Glasgow City Centre
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 West Regent Street, Glasgow G2 4DQ, Scotland (City Centre)   |
Ranked #45 of 90 hotels in Glasgow
Limassol
“Value for money accomodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Average hotel but value for money.
It provides basic accomodation at very cheap prices.
For me it is worth spending a night at IBIS. The breakfast its very good and its only £5

Location is not very central but its is a close walking distance from the center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you enjoyed our vooked breakfast. I do hope you had a safe trip home.

797 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
offaly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

love this hotel, not only is the staff really helpful, the food is lovely, the rooms are spotless and the bed is sooooo comfy and no noise level :D great location !! can't fault it , close to the main shopping centre, walking distance to the train station and not far from the nite life, the staff are great and can't do enough to help you out!! The only tiny minor downfall is the snack menu during the day is a bit limited but thats a little thing !! I will defo be back :D

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Madam

Thank you for your review and for recommending us to others. I look forward to seeing you in Glasgow on your next visit.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here for five days and found it to be ideal for what we wanted: bed was comfy, although the pillow was a bit too big for my liking, had a very powerful shower and room size was sufficient and clean, although our towels were stained on our last day. The walls however of this place are not thick though but then again, I didn't expect them to be. I didn't have any trouble with other guests but if I called the room of my family member who was a few rooms away, I could hear the phone ring. The location is very good, and found that it was central enough allowing us to walk everywhere without having to get taxis or buses. The hotel staff were very efficient and friendly and were very apologetic when they got my food order wrong (I ordered a vegetable curry and got a lamb casserole - not good seeing as I am a vegetarian).

The hotel offers a paid Internet service but the free wireless in the lobby/bar was really fast so I wouldn't recommend that anyone pays for Internet in their room unless they really need it all the time.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the 6th floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir

Thank you for your warm review of our hotel. We were very pleased to be of service to you. I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Bonny, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Staying at Ibis was a nice experience. The bathroom was very clean. To summarize, I had value for my money. If you are looking for a nice hotel, then consider Ibis Glasgow. I recommend it to travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to add a review onto our site, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Have stayed here a few times and I think it is great! I believe the whole Accor hotel chain is great though. I stay either at this hotel or the Etap over at Springfield Quay when I stay in Glasgow depending on where the gig is located that I am going to and I have never had a bad experience.

All the Ibis are a set room with a set design that is just simple and easy.

Staff are the only variable and they are always helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you for your review, I do hope you will choose to stay in another of our Ibis hotel throughout the country.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the hotel last week, its a 5 min walk to the centre of town. Close to various restaurants and bars. The rooms are basic but are clean and tidy. I booked this room back in January and paid only £35 per room so great value for money. We stayed for breakfast the next day this was an £5.50 and there was plenty to choose from.
I would defiantly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir

Thank you for your review and taking the time to reflect on your visit with us.

Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I visit Glasgow regularly but my usual hotel was full. So as Ibis was close to my place of work I thought it would make do for a one night stay.
The reception was bright and clean and the girl who checked me in was really friendly and helpful.
I was really surprised when I went to my room - very similar in size and decor to Nortel around the corner. Great walk in shower which I could've stayed in all day.
The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in - and I've been in too many to remember.
The breakfast wasn't great - but at £61 b&b compared to £155 for Novotel it's a no brainer !
I'll definitely be staying again !

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Madam

Thank you fro your review, I am really pleased yuo enjoyed our stay as an alternative to your usual hotel. We will always make you very welcome.

Janice Fisher

Been to Ibis Glasgow City Centre? Share your experiences!