“Far better than expected , a treat.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Far better than expected , a treat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Had a groupon voucher for ashoka shak in Linwood it is closed, therefore we had a chance to try this cafe .

it is wonderful , varnath ? Waiter / manager was very good, 4 of us loved the food, my son loves Korma he said its the best yet.
All food was perfect , ice cream , creamy .
Coffee also good.
Maybe , they could have some crayons for the kids, but that apart its very good .
We will be back its that good .
Cost on the day 2 course 2 kids 2 adults 33 pound , money well spent.
Great portions.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“So glad we went”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

First experience of Indian Tapas style. The restaurant is modern, comfy and relaxed. I thought the food was excellent but my daughter said No, it's far better than that. The best meal I've had in years. Booked again before leaving and took a bundle of Festive menu fliers with us to pass on. The staff were friendly, on the ball and happy to explain the menu to us. The appetiser of popadoms and spiced onions was a real treat, and set us hoping that the rest of the meal would be as good. We were not let down. Chilli king prawns ...big and juicy with excellent sauce. Mixed Pakora included haggis, chicken and veg with 2 dips. Butter chicken to die for, chicken kofta even better and the Desi lamb just melted in the mouth in the most delicious sauce I have ever tasted in an Indian restaurant. Excellent value for money. This restaurant really deserves to succeed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wow lovely, lovely, lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

On a 5pm big deal voucher myself and my family had dinner tonight at the green chilli cafe and I have to say the food was lovely. Starters were good sized portions and main courses just enough to fill you up. the only down side was no nan bread! They do a bread that tastes like Yorkshire pudding was nice but takes a bit of getting used to! Service was great and quick. All in all a very lovely night. We will b back

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great value, Great Food - Exactly what it says on the tin!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I plus friends regularly visit this restaurant for the tapas menu and never leave disappointed! The dishes are all cooked to a high standard with the Desi Lamb, Achari Chicken and Garlic mushroom poori being particularly good. The place itself is always busy which is a testament to the produce on offer and the value given, I certainly believe the £25 we regularly spend is great value for what we receive. The tapas food in my opinion stands up to the regular menu food of most Indian restaurants I have eaten in.

We would definately recommend the Green Chilli Cafe to lovers of Indian food!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edinburgh
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am not a lover of Indian cuisine but went along as an invited guest and cant believe how much I enjoyed the whole experience! We had a 5pm deal which consisted of any 12 dishes (for 4 people) including a bottle of wine. The food was excellent and I have now changed my opinion, we also received a mango type smoothie drink to combat the spicy food and if you have the hot chilli green peppers then this drink works! The atmotspere and decor was lovely and the staff were very attentive and even though it was the young waitress' first night she was very knowledgable about the different dishes! Visit here you wont be disappointed!

• Visited September 2012