We stayed at the Mint in Glasgow after reading the excellent reviews that it had received on this website. Here's what you need to know if you are thinking about staying here:-
1. Our room was impeccably clean, airy and bright. We had great views over the river and both had a great night’s sleep.
2. Breakfast was superb and the service excellent as well. Our package gave us free range of the continental buffet with hot options on top.
3. If you aren’t too scared by technology, each room has free use of an apple mac. We couldn’t get any sound on ours but it was good to have when it was working.
4. The staff were largely fantastic. As above, we had some issues with our in-room computer and despite asking for assistance on the phone on two or three occasions, it took a personal visit to reception before our requests were actually actioned.
1. Location. If you are visiting the SECC then the Mint is perfectly positioned. However, it is a good 30 minute walk from the centre of town and not in the greatest of areas. Having said that, it was quiet.
2. A pet hate of mine- we ordered a double room and got two singles pushed together.
Overall, our experience was a good one and we would be happy to go back to another Mint hotel in the future. We had a few niggles here and there but the rates did offer good value for money.
- Also Known As:
- City Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow City Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the River Clyde, the new Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre (formerly MINT hotel) has undergone a £1 million refurbishment. The hotel offers 164 stylish and fully refreshed bedrooms, all featuring a spacious desk, ergonomic chair, an Apple iMac, complimentary WiFi and a mini refrigerator.The Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre features a contemporary designed lobby, a complimentary 24-hour business centre, as well as the Hilton Garden Inn 24-hour Pavilion Pantry which provides a selection of food and beverage options. The award winning City Café Bar & Grill serves contemporary, locally-sourced food from an enviable riverside location and has a fantastic reputation in the city for offering the very best in casual dining for the discerning customer. Guests can choose to dine indoors or al fresco on the stunning outdoor terrace space. Overlooking the River Clyde, it offers spectacular views of the nearby SECC, Armadillo, Glasgow Science Centre and the Finnieston Crane. A new hi-tec Precor gym has been introduced to the property, doubling the size of the previous facility, offering the very latest in state of the art equipment for gym users. A guest laundry has also been introduced to allow guests the convenience of freshening up during longer stays at the hotel. With ample car parking and a fantastic riverside location, the Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre is the perfect choice for visiting the bustling, cosmopolitan city of Glasgow with its fantastic shopping boulevards of Buchanan Street and Argyle Street. It’s also a short stroll from the city’s bohemian West End with a wealth of museums, parks, boutique stores and artisan delis as well as a diverse choice of bars and night spots.For meetings, conferences and special events, including weddings, the Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre has some of the finest space in the city. Whether its business or pleasure you are looking for, Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre can cater for your every need……and leave you wanting more.Walking distances:SECC 2 minutesCity Centre 10 minutesWest End 10 minutes ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.