My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in August. Having never been to Glasgow we chose this hotel based on price, reviews and proximity to the Charing Cross station which turned out to be right next door.
We arrived late morning and were told our room wouldn't be ready for 2-3 hours but were able to leave our luggage in a secure room while we went for lunch and checked out the area. Our large corner room on the 12th (top) floor was very clean and well appointed with the only issue being low water pressure in the shower. From the hotel it was an easy walk to shopping and restaurants on Sauchiehall Street, the Kelvingrove Museum and the University. We never actually ate in the hotel restaurant but stopped in every morning for a take-away coffee and muffin on our way to the Charing Cross station and twice ordered pizza in the evening when we were tired from sightseeing and just wanted to relax in our room.
The hotel has a strange wifi policy with guests given a half hour free each day then charged a daily fee after that. We were offered a weekly rate but found for us it worked out better to use the daily free half hour and then find a coffee shop with free wifi. Overall a good stay and would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 278 bedroom hotel offers an excellent location for both the business and leisure traveller. Conveniently located in the heart of the business district and just a 2 minute walk to the vibrant bars, restaurants and shops of Suachiehall St. Glasgow's rich architectural delights are a 5 minute walk - Art School, Tenement House and Park Circus. The classic yet trendy West End is a mere 5 minute drive - Botanic Gardens, Glasgow University and Kelvingrove Art Gallery. The contemporary Bar Est restaurant and bar offer European cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel benefits from excellent transport links, Charing Cross train station is 50 yards away, making excursions to Edinburgh and the North of Scotland highly accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre - Charing Cross reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Charing Cross
- Premier Travel Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre - Charing Cross Scotland