First the hotel and staff: The staff were so lovely and friendly and couldn't do enough for you. They must have heard every stupid question under the sun but still managed to deal with it with a smile on their faces and a huge dollop of good grace. The reception staff were lovely as were the staff in the breakfast room and the chamber staff as well - everyone was delightful and always had a friendly word or a laugh with you - so welcoming!
The room: a basic double room - nothing fancy but very comfortable - very clean and actually one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have seen for a while. The only two things I would take them up with are that the heater seemed to go off during the day and the room was quite cold and there was no wall socket for a plug near the bed. In this day and age with mobile phones, etc one would think that would be the most obvious thing to have.
Breakfast: So much I couldn't eat it all and the costs were actually very reasonable - porridge was very good too!
Downside: Parking! The car park next door to the hotel costs £14 per 24 hours - you get a £2 discount from the hotel reception, although this didn't work for me the second time round and I paid the full amount but, because the staff were so good, I didn't really want to cause any hassle for the sake of £2. It would be good if the hotel and car park were to offer a much lower discount - TIP: If you are going here there are spaces for parking in the road opposite the car park and it is much cheaper but it is on a meter and be careful to get back there in the proper time.
Oh, and if you are going to the King's Theatre - it is a 2 minute walk away - ideal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 278 bedroom hotel offers an excellent location for both the business and leisure traveller. Conveniently located in the heart of the business district and just a 2 minute walk to the vibrant bars, restaurants and shops of Suachiehall St. Glasgow's rich architectural delights are a 5 minute walk - Art School, Tenement House and Park Circus. The classic yet trendy West End is a mere 5 minute drive - Botanic Gardens, Glasgow University and Kelvingrove Art Gallery. The contemporary Bar Est restaurant and bar offer European cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel benefits from excellent transport links, Charing Cross train station is 50 yards away, making excursions to Edinburgh and the North of Scotland highly accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Premier Inn, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre - Charing Cross reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Charing Cross
- Premier Travel Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre - Charing Cross Scotland