“100% as usual” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Number 10 Hotel

You added Number 10 Hotel to your Saves list
Number 10 Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10-16 Queens Drive | Queen's Park, Glasgow G42 8BS, Scotland   |
Ranked #19 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Skelmersdale
“100% as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for the last 22 years when on business and on pleasure trips in glasgow. It is quiet just how I like it but of I want a night out its just a short journey to Glasgow City Center (Taxi or Train). The staff as usual were very profesional and courtious nothing is to much trouble. The room no 31 is large with en-suite Bath/Shower clean and tidy. The main radiator was not working but was fixed as soon as it was mentioned to William the Manager.
I would recomend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Glasgow.

Room Tip: I have stayed in most rooms in the Hotel all are excellent.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Number_10_Team, Revenue Manager at Number 10 Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at the hotel.

We do appreciate our loyal guests and their recommendations of the hotel.

I do hope you will return soon.

Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Booked online for luxury stay... soooo disappointed. could be good, but lacks the luxurious of other hotels in city, The hotel appears to be too dependant on functions in house, and guests individual guests are disregarded. Staff too busy to see to our needs, no one covering reception, telephone rings constantly, no answer. Breakfast poor, no ambienance, large function room with poor quality choice of sausages... Where does this hotel buy their food

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
May I thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I wish to apologise for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that we will take your comments on board and use them to improve our service offering.

Aberdeen, Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Hotel is quite poor - mould round the windows, mould in the shower, if you want to hear the TV you have to switch off the radiator in the bedroom. Bathroom cold again because the radiator needed bleeding. Thank heavens we were only there for one night.

Room Tip: Don't stay at that hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Number_10_Team, Revenue Manager at Number 10 Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am so disappointed to learn of your recent experience during your stay at the hotel.

If I could ask you to respond privately to me, I will certainly undertake a full investigation of the issues once I have more information.

Please email neil@10hotel.co.uk.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We booked to stay 2 nights a Friday and Saturday events both nights so not vey pace full In fact I think we were very much unwanted guests could not get any food there the 2 nights we were there one staff member quite rude....
Would not recommend anyone to stay hereas there only interested in the events they hold there

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your honest comments on Trip Advisor.

Firstly may I apologise if you felt dismissed during your recent stay at the Hotel. Yes, we are a very popular hotel within the local community for events, but this does not mean that our inhouse guests are neglected in any way. If any member of our Team are rude to guests, then this is definitely not what is expected from them and I will certainly bring this up during our staff meetings as a training issue.

If you are ever visiting Glasgow again, then please do not hesitate to contact me.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Went 2 number 10 to ngt for meal to treat my daughter b4 she goes 2 Australia frikn brill i have eat in some fancy restraunts all over Europe and 2 b honest it there with the best if not the best the food was quality al la carte menu at haf the price of the ritz the staff have such lovly charisma yet not overpowering the manager makes u feel as if you have known him for ever most restrants they would not give you time of day I ask 2 speak to the chef nly to give home my gratitude or desert came with a message wrote in chocolate wishing my daughter Bon voyage that money can't buy so anybody wanting a wee special ngt or even a wee romantic ngt get urslf to number 10 the food and atmosfere make for any ordinary ngt a special ngt so all staff at number ten I salute you thank you for making my ngt with my daughter so memerable

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
So glad that your enjoyed your meal and family get together at the Number 10 Hotel.

Your comments are very generous and we always strive to make every guest leave as a friend.

Come back and visit us again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Having booked a night out in Glasgow, my wife and I decided to treat ourselves to an over night stay. Being from Glasgow we knew most of the hotels but decided on no10 as we had often passed it and thought we would give it a try. Let me just say we were very glad we did. We checked in just after 5pm and were shown to superior room in the adjoining townhouse, the room was massive with a lovely bathroom fitted with a jacuzzi. Having changed we decided to go into the hotel for some food before heading out. There was a christening taking place in the main room so we were asked if we were happy to eat in the bar, although the menu is not extensive let me just say the food in no way resembled bar food, it was beautiful. All in all we had a fantastic evening and a great stay, we're looking forward to going back again soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Just to thank you for your very kind comments on Trip Advisor.

Hope to welcome you back to the Number 10 Hotel very soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I sent an email directly No10 and haven't heard back. This is why I am writing this review, was disappointed to have been ignored by the hotel.

My bedside light was reported broken, bathroom light fitting broken, soap holder in shower broken. Although the food was nice, we had the same lunch menu as the evening before. Breakfast time was changed, no-one informed us.
Was booked as a football weekend, that was a shambles too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Number_10_Team, Revenue Manager at Number 10 Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and may I apologise for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. This is definitely not the service standard that we aspire to and I will personally investigate the issues going forward. As I have explained in previous responses to reviews, the Hotel is undertaking a continuous bedroom improvement programme moving forward.

However, I am disappointed to hear that your email was not replied to and this is what I want to concentrate on. I would appreciate it if you could forward your email to myself - neil@10hotel.co.uk, so that I can build a picture of the history of your stay and respond to you personally. If you could advise what email address you sent the original mail, I can investigate why no response was given.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Revenue Manager

Been to Number 10 Hotel? Share your experiences!