“Great night in fabulous hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grasshoppers Hotel Glasgow

You added Grasshoppers Hotel Glasgow to your Saves list
Grasshoppers Hotel Glasgow
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   87 Union Street, Caledonian Chambers, Glasgow G1 3TA, Scotland (City Centre)   |
Ranked #5 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Inverurie, United Kingdom
“Great night in fabulous hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was recommended this hotel (which I had never heard of) stayed one night and have to say cant wait for my next stay. The staff were so friendly and was made to feel so welcome from the minute I arrived. Bed was really comfortable, breakfast was fabulous, I thought I might have been kept awake by the trains (hotel above centra station) but slept like a log. This is a gem of a hotel, pity more hotels can't be this good. Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Workington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Upon arrival thought oh my but on entering our views were totally blew away a real delight and very modern and clean the breakfast was very good and all in value for money well worth a trip up there and we'll situated next door to Glasgow central railway station

Room Tip: They are all good rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've just arrived back home after a stay at Grasshoppers which is situated right next door to the Grand Central Station in Glasgow, so it was very convenient for me.

Grasshoppers has to be one of the best places that I've stayed in, you're made very welcome from the time you arrive until the time that you leave. There are cakes/biscuits available for you to eat at any time, in your room you will find a coffee pot with fresh ground coffee how good is that!

In the dining room as I think it has been mentioned on other posts, you can either chose to sit at the long table and mix with other guests, or chose a smaller table, its up to you. I really enjoyed talking to the other guests, its all part of the experience.

The staff went out of their way to talk to you and ask how you were enjoying your meal. It was good to know too the sources of their food.

All of the staff at Grasshoppers work hard and really care about what they do and it shows.

As I travel on my own all of this is especially helpful. So guys I can highly recommend Grasshoppers, and I know that if I come to Glasgow again I know where I will be staying!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked a 2 night package that included dinner and a bottle of wine. The weather was not great while we were in Glasgow, but the Grasshoppers Hotel was a great place to spend time. Breakfast was crowded but delicious (I recommend the fresh-baked bread, as well as the mixed berry compote). The bed was comfortable, and the TV selection was great for the evenings. We didn't experience any issue with ambient noise. Our dinner there was one of the best we had on the trip, and they even threw in a few free glasses of wine for a minor mishap with our dinner reservation time. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Prior to a trip to Glasgow for the first time, I spent a number of hours doing research on hotel possibilities. The name Grasshoppers kept poping up with good reviews from a number of sites. So, off went the first email about date availability. Within 30 minutes, with a six hour time zone difference, I had a response from a real person. Over a period of several months and trying to get a feel for Glasgow, I'd send another email abou locations, places, you name it. Always, an instant response from whomever was on duty at the time 24/7.
My wife and I absolutely agree with all of the raves about Grasshoppers. Its clean, its comfortable, great decor that will surprise you when you step off the elevator to the sixth floor location. Completely enchanting.
But the biggest key to why this place is unique is the people involved. This is not a cookie cutter staff following a manual and prepared script. They are real people who sincerely care about the customers and their needs. All of the young ladies who rotate on manning the reception desk are fabulous. Then there is Sean, the on-site general manager, his wife Joanne who cooks a really good breakfast and then Margo who creates truly exceptional evening meals from a tiny kitchen. And I mean from Starters to Mains to Desert each meal is a jewel.
Everything works flawlessly about Grasshoppers but the attitude of people really caring about the customer's experience is beyond belief. We had the pleasure of meeting and visiting with Barrie who created and owns this gem. His hospitality to everyone reflects a commitment that is almost unheard of in today's world and the whole staff mirrors his focus.

LK & SK
Texas

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Grasshoppers is a very comfortable and conveniently located hotel. We were warmly welcomed and made comfortable throughout our stay, returning at the conclusion of our trip. Our rooms were attractive, bed comfortable, and bathroom of a decent size. The dining room served a delicious breakfast and we were tempted to eat dinner there because it smelled so good cooking. We highly recommend this as a very good location right next to the train station.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The day I arrived in Glasgow, it was bitterly cold, but the Grasshopper was the warmest welcome I could have wished for. I was unsure at first, it doesn't look like much from the outside (it's only on the 6th floor of the building), but it's one of the nicest hotels I've ever had the privilege of staying at. It is convenient to everything, train stations, shopping (bookstores and Debenhams are right around the corner) and great food.
The rooms (all 3, I kept coming back) were not huge, but extremely comfortable. Good mattresses and bedding, everything was extremely clean, and it was warm. The rooms were quiet and secure and the staff were exceptional.

I cannot say enough about how amazing the staff was. I asked if I could have some milk for my tea, they delivered it to my room with cupcakes, slices of cake or cookies.
I asked if they knew where I could find a laundrette, and they washed everything for me (for an extremely reasonable fee)
They stored our large luggage for several days while we travelled to various cities in Scotland, and it's a small thing, but the TV selection was great. It was nice to come back at the end of a long day and just watch a Disney movie.

The breakfast was one of the best meals I had in all of the UK. Plentiful, fresh, good variety and tasty. I wish I had the opportunity to try one of the dinners, because they sounded delicious. If I could change anything, I would just add a fan to the bathroom.

I would not stay in another hotel in Glasgow. This was fantastic!

Room Tip: All rooms were great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Grasshoppers Hotel Glasgow? Share your experiences!