“A great experience in the city centre” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 22 Spas & Wellness in Glasgow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dumbarton
10 attraction reviews
“A great experience in the city centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was a treat for my sister and I as a present from a pal. We had the afternoon tea package. We had the hour long facial and added a back massage. The place is very dark but very nice and comfortable with lovely robes to lounge in. The facial was fab and it's probably the best back massage I have ever had. The spa is quite small but as it was Christmas Eve is was quiet but I imagine it gets very busy at the weekends. The staff are all very helpful and the service is excellent. We had our tea in the salon and it was very disappointing. I didn't complain at the time as by that point it was 4.30pm on Christmas Eve however I did email them the next day and we were invited back for a complimentary tea and I have to say it was very good. I have to assume the kitchen was having an off day or were very busy for Christmas. Anyway they dealt with my complaint promptly and as I've said the tea was good. We normally go to the carrick on Christmas Eve so this was a change for us but we would certainly go back if not just for the back massage.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“Great spa day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I treated my mum and I to the Afternoon of Indulgence package. The spa is lovely with lots of thermal experiences. I could personally have done with more cold experiences as I found the area extremely warm and coming from a hot experience into warm air made me feel a little ill.

We were there on a Saturday and it was rather busy - there were often times we couldn't use the room/experience we wanted - so waited until it was free. It would have been nice if there were loungers or more seats near the pool to sit when rooms were busy as they have only four bucket chairs which just get filled with peoples towels and robes.

My mum has the Ishga foot treatment and I had the Ishga hot stone massage. Both of us loved our 55 min treatments. The relaxation room after our treatments was lovely, although the beds were not made when we entered, which was a little disappointing as it felt a odd getting into a bed that a stranger recently departed!

We had the afternoon tea in the spa cafe in our robes - which was lovely treat! The cakes were lovely although the sandwiches were just ok.

The changing room were very clean and spacious and the showers were equipped with ILA products (although, was the shampoo watered down? It was very thin and my hair was matted after using it and the conditioner...may the products themselves?).

All in all it was a good experience. Perhaps a little expensive for what wasn't quite 5 star. One of my main issues is that my mum is disabled and had to walk down quite a lot of stairs to get to the thermal experience. It would be great if there was another way of getting down there for those with mobility issues.

Personally, I preferred the thermal experience at the Gleneagles as it is so decadent and a little less busy.

Visited January 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“Absolutely brilliant spa experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Have used this spa on a couple of occassions when have been staying in the hotel and have absolutelty loved it. The spa is so relaxing and calming that you could spend forever in there. The whole experience was amazing and its difficult to pick out highlights as it was all great!
The staff were all very helpful and friendly and seemed more than happy to help in any way they could.
The thermal suite was out of this world, with all the rooms offering a different experience. The Laconium was my personal favorite and i could have spent hours lying in the chairs in there.
The pool was really lovely also, and when the jets of water hit you it felt like the best massgae ever.
My friend and i had the Rhassoul mud experience which was really fun and something different to try, and my skin did feel a lot softer afterwards so think it worked.
I would definently recommend a visit to this spa, and even although its expensive, it really is a brilliant day out.
If you are lucky enough to get a voucher for it from itison then it really is brilliant value for money.

Visited June 2013
“A truly wonderful experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My fiancé gave me a voucher for an Afternoon of Indulgence as a birthday present - and that's exactly what it was, wonderful indulgence. The staff are attentive and helpful, the place is absolutely beautiful, luxurious, plush and very relaxing. I spent some time at each part of the spa - the vitality pool, sauna, steam room, etc, and had each area to myself as it was quiet, which was just amazing. Then I had a full body deep tissue massage which was incredible. My fiancé met me for afternoon tea after my spa experience and said I looked like I was floating on air. This was a truly unique and fantastic experience and I cannot wait to return. We have decided to stay at the Blythswood on our wedding night and book a spa day for 2 for the next day.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Spa for hotel guests”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Spa was free to hotel guests between 6-9pm. Changing facilities were excellent. lots of different types of relaxation room. Enjoyed the crystal steam room and the swimming pool with hydro therapy.